FF7 Rebirth

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The amount of time required to invest in games like these is just insane. Why do developers do this, to make people feel like they get their money’s worth? It can’t all be compelling story telling.

How do people stay engaged on these 100+ hours slogs? I thought the original FF7 dragged 20 year ago…but this is on a whole different level.

:oops:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The amount of time required to invest in games like these is just insane. Why do developers do this, to make people feel like they get their money’s worth? It can’t all be compelling story telling.

Drip feeds your brain hits of dopamine slowly. You put in an easy 100 hours, feel good that you have achieved something but really you achieved nothing. You look in the mirror and you're still the same loser, aging out with a gunt while you take yourself in your hand.

Escape while you can, there's still time to make something of your life.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

How do people stay engaged on these 100+ hours slogs? I thought the original FF7 dragged 20 year ago…but this is on a whole different level.

:oops:
Because it's a really good game? There is a lot of padding though, I bet if you didn't do the side stuff it would be a more normal 35 hour or so game. But the side stuff is mostly good and I actually want to play it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
There is a lot of padding. A lot.

The only side game I actually enjoy is Queens Blood. If there was a dedicated mobile version or, heaven forbid, a physical version, my wallet would be emptied out.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I love it so far, but theres so much fluff. My biggest complaint is they still can't get the enemy skill materia right, and it was a huge part of the original game.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Can we talk about how absolutely amazeballs the music is? I mean...fuck me, even just the Jenova themes are worth the price of admission.

I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Can we talk about how absolutely amazeballs the music is? I mean...fuck me, even just the Jenova themes are worth the price of admission.

I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.
Music is fantastic, no question. Combat is fantastic too, but a lot of fluff and forced minigames. Way better than the garbage of 16.