Alien: Romulus 08/16/24

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Have you seen the directors cut? It makes 3 a little better. A little. Explains the Xeno's abilities a little better, but it doesnt make it Aliens level good.

Agree on the Fassypants trilogy. For what they were, I didn't mind em, though I'd prefer to think of them as an entirely separate universe/franchise/etc.

I've only seen the theatrical, looks like I have some homework to do. Reading about all the bs Fincher dealt with on the movie is enough to make make anyone wonder how the movie ever got finished. Also wanted to note that I really dig the symphonic soundtrack on 3.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've only seen the theatrical, looks like I have some homework to do. Reading about all the bs Fincher dealt with on the movie is enough to make make anyone wonder how the movie ever got finished. Also wanted to note that I really dig the symphonic soundtrack on 3.
Alien 3 is so fucking out there from what everyone expected that you can't help but respect it, even if it's not a good movie.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You're entitled to your thoroughly incorrect opinion.

I mean it’s a fun movie but the original blows it away.

The whole setup is really contrived.

Conveniently a lifetime has passed and now it’s time to return to the scene of the first film. Like come on, what a dumb setup.

It gets better after that, of course.

It’s a fun action film.

The original is a great film, period.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Alien is indeed way, way better than Aliens.

I still like Aliens, though. I also like The Terminator more than T2 but the gap between those two is much smaller than the gap between the first two Alien films.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Don’t get me wrong I like Aliens.

The last Alien movie had that really gay flute scene. lol. The fuck…?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I mean it’s a fun movie but the original blows it away.

The whole setup is really contrived.

Conveniently a lifetime has passed and now it’s time to return to the scene of the first film. Like come on, what a dumb setup.

It gets better after that, of course.

It’s a fun action film.

The original is a great film, period.
I agree with all of that, except that it blows the original away.

I also prefer the original, but Aliens is still one hell of an amazing film. And yeah, the setup is contrived, but you know, 1980s.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I'll just wait for this to show up on Cinema hd like I do for every movie these days.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Prometheus taught me the value of keeping mystery in a story and not answering all the questions.
Oh noes we created the aliens ourselves! Or something. I have watched all these modern allien movies but I have absolutely no recollection of the complete story or general gist. They are al so generic.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'm not even sure why people compare Alien to Aliens; I understand it's the same franchise and the desire to weigh them out to each other is there, but the genres are too different for me to even bother judging them against each other.

With everything said and done they're both top-tier at what they're going for respectively and which one I like more simply depends on whether I want more Horror or more Action at the moment.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I'm not even sure why people compare Alien to Aliens; I understand it's the same franchise and the desire to weigh them out to each other is there, but the genres are too different for me to even bother judging them against each other.

With everything said and done they're both top-tier at what they're going for respectively and which one I like more simply depends on whether I want more Horror or more Action at the moment.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

This is the way.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
At least Aliens doesn't feel like it was written by Xavier like Prometheus or Resurrection do.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The only true good Alien moves are the first 2.... but I am a sucker for Prometheus. I do wish they'd stop making Alien movies, but it goes to show what a great job they did with the first movie 45 years ago that they KEEP beating this dead horse.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Everybody hates Covenant but I enjoyed it, maybe more than Prometheus.
I'll watch it again, I'd buy the bluray if I saw it new in a $5 bin.
Those ones from the 90's are the weakest links though.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Everybody hates Covenant but I enjoyed it, maybe more than Prometheus.
I'll watch it again, I'd buy the bluray if I saw it new in a $5 bin.
Those ones from the 90's are the weakest links though.

r4kZLUR.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I did see something the other day about how much the director was utilizing practical effects, that's nice. Hopefully it doesn't end up like The Thing remake/prequel where they shot a ton of practical stuff but then the studio scrapped it all and replaced it with terrible CG.