NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet
1st week of february classic it's over
Tnx to everybody and GG everyone
This week we play USA

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet
In case you are interested, I made a small guide based on my experience with the game when I was bored during Covid Lockdown: https://vectorman.net/neoturfmasters/guide/

I have a table with the power percentage reduction of various terrain type for Landolt, let me know if you want it. I didn't put it in my writeup because I don't want to encourage people to play him, since it's more fun to watch people play Almeida.
very useful guide
I've red some time ago
4 me neo turf works like this:
it's incredible simulation, very close to real golf
it's good to know tips, characters
but at one point talent and intuition it's not enough
i mean that we can have the best talent in the world, but when wind it's 15, or the putt it's difficult everybody do mistakes
so there must be some targets for learning
4 me hole select it's the best way, or savestates
so hole select and try to have 7 setups at hole n.1, until i have 7 eagles with wind 0
then try a difficult hole with strong wind, many times
and write all this, so next time i'll be sure to shoot with wind 15 or wind 12

When i see a place with 50 cabs, one thing comes sure to my mind
neo turf don't fits for bar playing, 30 seconds it's very few
so neogeo cd version it's definitely perfect for this difficult game
unlimited time it's the best option to have time when shots are difficult
some shots can take 3-4 minutes, but anyway it's possible do mistakes
so it needs to accept many mistakes
it's a game 'bout mistakes

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
germany1.png

This was an otherwise pretty bad round, but notable because I holed out for Eagle from the fairway on both 9 and 13.

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet

2nd week of february classic is over
matches ends at hole 18
there's few hopes in the lasts holes, but sometimes hopes becomes dreams

lithy

20 Year Member
-15. Kind of a letdown to post, but I registered my first HIO so had to finish the round no matter what. Started off great with chip in Eagle on 1 and Hole-In-One on 3, normally would Eagle on 4 but missed the green in 2, but got the tougher Eagle on 7 for a personal best of -12 on the Front 9. Hole 11 continues to be a challenge for me and just managed a Par again, but Hole 16 is where I cracked and in heavy wind, mishit at Max instead of 100% and sent one flying over the green and into the water. With that, a new overall PB was lost, but I thought I'd post the score anyway.

hole3HIO.png

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Nice run @Ken7stars, I saw your -26 and many HIO’s this week posted for the tourney. Really impressive!

I got a -18 which wasn’t my best, but I did grab a HIO on hole 3.

IMG_4290.jpeg

Last week I got a -21 which is tied for my best on Australia. I use the Brazilian, Fernando.

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet
Nice run @Ken7stars, I saw your -26 and many HIO’s this week posted for the tourney. Really impressive!

I got a -18 which wasn’t my best, but I did grab a HIO on hole 3.

View attachment 72436

Last week I got a -21 which is tied for my best on Australia. I use the Brazilian, Fernando.
i know Gill
well with almeida it's never easy, expecially germany and japan
tnx, but i'm humble about my scores, i keep study with hole select
and try to do less mistakes

WP

lithy

20 Year Member
Play was not as clean as my -16 round, with 3 pars, but I got two chip in eagles to make the difference. Pretty fun to chip in on 18 and set a new PB.

sonanewbestforum.png

lithy

20 Year Member
Finally got to my target of -18 on Germany. Still using the German. I can theoretically do -21 with perfect 'regular' play (no chip ins from off the green).

germanypbforum.png

lithy

20 Year Member
Got a good touch going today, bested the -18 PB just over a couple hours later. Only missed Birdie on 6 and Eagle on 10 for my 'perfect' round.

germanypb2forum.png

lithy

20 Year Member
New PB for USA, -18. I think my theoretical 'perfect' without chip-ins for this course would be -20, but it would require good wind luck to get on in two for both Hole 8 and Hole 11, Par 5s.

sonabest2forum.png

lithy

20 Year Member
Ken7 or anyone else, if at some point you had any tips and tricks to offer, I'd like to know some basic strategy for understanding when a ball will drop in from off the green. I can pretty consistently touch the flagstick, but having it go in seems to be largely a matter of luck on the final bounce. It feels like I get more to drop in when bouncing as opposed to rolling along the green (for example putting from the fairway just off the green). The rollers seem to always ping the flag but never fall in even if it leaves the final putt under 30cm away.

I feel like I've got to be close, during one night of play, I managed several fairway chip in Eagles, a HIO, and an Albatross on various attempts. But now with the two PBs in the last couple days, I haven't dropped anything in from off the green. Just trying to find out if it is just a bit of luck or what can be done to improve my odds.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Ken7 or anyone else, if at some point you had any tips and tricks to offer, I'd like to know some basic strategy for understanding when a ball will drop in from off the green. I can pretty consistently touch the flagstick, but having it go in seems to be largely a matter of luck on the final bounce. It feels like I get more to drop in when bouncing as opposed to rolling along the green (for example putting from the fairway just off the green). The rollers seem to always ping the flag but never fall in even if it leaves the final putt under 30cm away.

I feel like I've got to be close, during one night of play, I managed several fairway chip in Eagles, a HIO, and an Albatross on various attempts. But now with the two PBs in the last couple days, I haven't dropped anything in from off the green. Just trying to find out if it is just a bit of luck or what can be done to improve my odds.

In my opinion, at a certain point it is basically luck - even if that's not strictly true. I do not think the off-green power meter is fine enough to guarantee chip ins. They way I see it, is the skill is basically getting the ball to end up on the same pixel as the hole, and the rest is luck.

My general strategy has always been to try to set the power to get the ball to land on the hole, then hope I get lucky. (but I want to tend towards a bit too much, because too little power is guaranteed to not go in) If someone has figured out a better strategy to increase chip in likelihood, I would like to know.

Ken7stars

NEST Puppet

with distance 16y from rough usually it's 29% power, backspin, nice height
but neo turf it's ultra simulation
so that power can work with pin position flat on green
if pin is on the hill the height changes

if i shoot with 38 y rest, 38 % power, if first bounce is on the gWeen i'll do more than 38y
if 1st bounce is in fairway i'll do no more than 38y
so as in real golf, u need to visualize how much the ball goes high, when ball starts to turn with wind, with that club and the height u choose

there's many sheets in previous page
but best way it's set hole select, learn setups wind 0, then try many times difficult shots with strong wind
also savestates are good
for get a setup hole in one it can takes 10 minutes, or 45 minutes, or it's possible not get it
to go throught the 2 lakes at 13 japan with different wind forces, and arrive in green and try eagle, i need to write white arrow position(count the lines)
and i must write all this
or next time i'll not remember all these values

there's very few space for luck in neo turf
eagles or hole in one just with wind 1 it's very rare
we need to deserve eagles, hio
so the way it's learning little by little

it needs to play neo turf as real golf

lithy

20 Year Member
Some new PBs, -19 on USA, -21 on Japan with gold card

usabest.png

japangoldcard.png

lithy

20 Year Member
And a new Germany PB of -21 with a gold card. I should have had an Eagle chance on 17 with 4mph helpful wind, but misplayed my slice and hit the bunker in front of the green That would have been the only thing between this score and a 'perfect' no chip-in round.

germanygoldcard.png

lithy

20 Year Member
Kind of a weird round, missed the easy front 9 Eagles on the par 5s, but got a couple chip ins instead. Got to -20, but I think -22 or even -23 is possible for me.

oz20.png