Question about Neo Bomberman original price 1997

Gemant

Member,
Hi! does anyone know the japanese price at launch of Neo Bomberman (MVS)?

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Between $500 and $1000 I believe? Hard to know since MVS games were sold new to arcade operators who would pay the commercial rate MSRP plus any additional distributor fees. MVS games at the outset were more expensive than the NGH variants.

Far as I know, there isn't an official price chart of MVS kit costs to operators for individual games.

Whole thread about this from 2013 worth checking out.

Gemant

Member,
Between $500 and $1000 I believe? Hard to know since MVS games were sold new to arcade operators who would pay the commercial rate MSRP plus any additional distributor fees. MVS games at the outset were more expensive than the NGH variants.

Far as I know, there isn't an official price chart of MVS kit costs to operators for individual games.

Whole thread about this from 2013 worth checking out.
Thanks for your answer.

I know the launch price of all MVS games on the Japanese market, except Neo Bomberman. For some reason the price of this game has not been disclosed. However, those who witnessed the release of this game on May 1, 1997 saw the price in operator stores. I'm looking for someone who has this information. Mine is a question exclusively for information purposes to complete the Neo Geo games database.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Thanks for your answer.

I know the launch price of all MVS games on the Japanese market, except Neo Bomberman. For some reason the price of this game has not been disclosed. However, those who witnessed the release of this game on May 1, 1997 saw the price in operator stores. I'm looking for someone who has this information. Mine is a question exclusively for information purposes to complete the Neo Geo games database.
Gotcha. Very interesting. Sorry I couldn't be more help here. There's a mountain of untranslated game information in Japan, and given Neo Bomberman was released during the internet age, it wouldn't surprise me if the information was floating around but unavailable to most folks here in the West.

Just curious - is this a database you're currently building that isn't published or one that is already available? The Viewpoint overview you shared with the community last year was very thorough (and a great read), so I'd be interested to explore other resources you're putting together or have published. This would also be a resource I'd love to link to through my website (with your permission of course).

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
Gotcha. Very interesting. Sorry I couldn't be more help here. There's a mountain of untranslated game information in Japan, and given Neo Bomberman was released during the internet age, it wouldn't surprise me if the information was floating around but unavailable to most folks here in the West.

Just curious - is this a database you're currently building that isn't published or one that is already available? The Viewpoint overview you shared with the community last year was very thorough (and a great read), so I'd be interested to explore other resources you're putting together or have published. This would also be a resource I'd love to link to through my website (with your permission of course).
I'm restoring a database similar to the Neo Geo Master List, but much more detailed. I had already created this document in 2015 and the following year I revised it all over again by checking the data on behalf of the SNK company, on the occasion of the publication of the officially licensed book NEO GEO VISUAL. I intend to publish the document on the same site where I released the Viewpoint document. I've already gone through all the Japanese print sources I could find, including books and magazines and many other sources, but there are two pieces of information that I just couldn't find:
1) MVS price of Neo Bomberman;
2) Zupapa release day (the month is confirmed as September).
I analyzed the archive sites of many stores of the time, such as Mak Japan and G-Front but I was unable to clarify. In Japan there are information materials reserved for shops for operators in the sector. Missing data are reported in these documents. I'll give you an example about the game 1944 the Loop Master to help you understand the type of document I'm looking for:

1944.jpg

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
You have my permission to link to my document.
The other documents I work now are:
- Pulstar
- Raguy (complete guide + making off).
I am unable to determine when I will be able to complete these two works.
Thanks so much! I've linked to your Viewpoint Doc on my review, and put the MAME Retro Avengers link on my resources page.

Incredible work. Keep us updated on the publication on your database list and your other game-centric documentation. Appreciate the historical effort you and your team have put into these resources. Of course if I come across any info you're looking for (doubt it lol), I'll pass it along.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
but there are two pieces of information that I just couldn't find:
1) MVS price of Neo Bomberman;
2) Zupapa release day (the month is confirmed as September).

I would definitely have just made those last two bits of info up

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Where's the document? I would love this as a resource too for my Youtube series. Thanks for all your work.