Help confirm my suspicion.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
The more I look at the pictures the more I'm convinced this isn't a legit RBS.
RBS on eBay.

Thanks.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It looks to me like it's a legit Real Bout FF that was converted to RBS by someone. the 095 and 069 chips are legit SNK chips, 095 from RBFF and 069 from Fatal Fury 3.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It looks to me like it's a legit Real Bout FF that was converted to RBS by someone. the 095 and 069 chips are legit SNK chips, 095 from RBFF and 069 from Fatal Fury 3.
It's just a Real Bout Fatal Fury cart, no Special. Genuine cart but wrong label.

Like you said, 095 is RBFF and 069 is Fatal Fury 3. RBFF is supposed to contain some Roms from Fatal Fury 3.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's just a Real Bout Fatal Fury cart, no Special. Genuine cart but wrong label.

Like you said, 095 is RBFF and 069 is Fatal Fury 3.
Yep. Is Real Bout Fatal Fury. It's a genuine game. Someone just mixed up the shells. Or maybe the auction has the wrong photos. You should let the seller know.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Uhm. It's ragged anyway for the price wat

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Someone tell this guy you shouldn't crease the label like that.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Uhm. It's ragged anyway for the price wat
I took a closer look because he made me a private offer.
Otherwise I was not overly interested at first.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I took a closer look because he made me a private offer.
Otherwise I was not overly interested at first.
Find out if he's selling regular Real Bout or if it's just the wrong PCB pics.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Find out if he's selling regular Real Bout or if it's just the wrong PCB pics.
He also has a RB2 listed that I saw.
He said he might have posted the wrong pic and is going to get back with me.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
Even in the 90s and early 2000s MVS carts were mostly pirated and shite condition, with serial numbers scratched out (presumably as the label was fake). In that sense I envy the AES crowd with their shockboxes and fancy artwork. I've put my MVS carts in shockboxes with nice art recently, but it doesn't detract from the fact that most of the carts are crap. God knows what I'd sell them for, in that state. A tricky one. But with NeoSD and 161-in-1, I don't know why I bothered keeping 'original' carts, as they were mostly pirated and in crap cardboard boxes, really tasteful. I was a dumb ass purchaser back in the day, and there was a lot of blind purchasing outside of eBay and its dangfangled photos. On the plus side, I have two Krautbuster carts, LOL.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Even in the 90s and early 2000s MVS carts were mostly pirated and shite condition, with serial numbers scratched out (presumably as the label was fake). In that sense I envy the AES crowd with their shockboxes and fancy artwork. I've put my MVS carts in shockboxes with nice art recently, but it doesn't detract from the fact that most of the carts are crap. God knows what I'd sell them for, in that state. A tricky one. But with NeoSD and 161-in-1, I don't know why I bothered keeping 'original' carts, as they were mostly pirated and in crap cardboard boxes, really tasteful. I was a dumb ass purchaser back in the day, and there was a lot of blind purchasing outside of eBay and its dangfangled photos. On the plus side, I have two Krautbuster carts, LOL.

What does any of that wall of text have to do with the topic of this thread? You better calm the fuck down. lol

SC-ULTRA

n00b
Even in the 90s and early 2000s MVS carts were mostly pirated and shite condition, with serial numbers scratched out (presumably as the label was fake).
Scratching out serials on a boot cart to make it look like a cart that someone scratched the labels off of to avoid being trackable by SNK was a thing?