Post your favorite DBZ clips

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Toriyama died. DBZ was well loved by generations around the world. Give respect to the guy by sharing clips from the show that you liked.

Dr Gero's androids turn on him and dispatch him with little fanfare, subverting expectations set up in the preceding episodes that this story arc will be about him.

King Cold, Frieza's powerful dad, greatly misjudges Trunks and is dispatched within minutes of being introduced. This comes on the tail of the Frieza saga where a single fight between the heroes and Frieza took dozens of episodes to complete.

Buu turns Dabura into a cookie, Toriyama let's his gag manga touch shine through

Genius series

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Future Trunks kills the androids in the future

Future Trunks preempts Cell in the future following the regular Cell saga

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

I'm a big proponent of not even comparing DB to Z since they fit different niches and have different tones. It's analogous to comparing Alien to Aliens to me, because why even bother when they're both so good and so different.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Not even arguable, the second half of Z is such a mess it's no contest.
Nobody wanted to say goodbye to those characters, if the show ended at Cell we would have missed out on some good moments. I never want to rewatch the Buu saga, or DBZ in its entirety again for that matter, but I'm glad the show went on.

I never watched Dragon Ball Super.

Any fags like me listening to that song from the ending to DBGT when Goku becomes one with Shenron?Horrible show but that ending killed it.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Why did you specify Z

The original DB is arguably better than Z.
Never got into original DB. Very different tone/feel/story. I don't even think of it as one continuous series. The first few episodes of DBZ basically retcon the entire series into something radically different. All of a sudden everyone is a hyper powered alien. I can't imagine what Toriyama's editors were thinking with the change in direction. Must have felt risky at the time to take the franchise in such an offbeat direction.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Few things in entertainment have made me feel such sheer desperation as the Z fighters got flicked off by Nappa, only for Goku to save the day...and then the best fight in Z happens, a war of attrition against Vegeta. Goku is practically paralyzed by the end of it. Bonus, the best Kamehameha in the whole series right there too, the Japanese dub for that was otherworldly.

Kaio-ken times four! Nice

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nobody wanted to say goodbye to those characters, if the show ended at Cell we would have missed out on some good moments. I never want to rewatch the Buu saga, or DBZ in its entirety again for that matter, but I'm glad the show went on.

I never watched Dragon Ball Super.

Any fags like me listening to that song from the ending to DBGT when Goku becomes one with Shenron?Horrible show but that ending killed it.
It should have ended with Frieza to be honest. That's the logical end point.

The Cell saga has some really cool moments but it would've been better to end on the strongest note possible. Goku kills Frieza, the story is complete.

The Buu saga is just a pathetic glob of unnecessary transformations. Toriyama was so checked out by then.

As much as GT sucks, and it sucks a lot, the Baby saga of GT is straight up better than the Buu saga.

Super is also much, much better than the Buu saga or GT. Especially the Tournament of Power.

But again, Frieza should've been the end.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You know what I didn't like, was the idea of damned androids being stronger than Frieza. I've made peace with it now but that was total bullshit.

famicommander

15 Year Member
You know what I didn't like, was the idea of damned androids being stronger than Frieza. I've made peace with it now but that was total bullshit.
Unless time travel was built into the original concept to begin with, 100% of shows get significantly worse when time travel is introduced.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
There are many times DBZ jumps the shark. DB Super even added master roshi back as a fighter who could hold his own against the strongest fighters of every universe and just hand waived it as "he was holding back from showing his real power this whole time".

So in other words, roshi could probably have dispatched the major villains in Z if he just concentrated and stopped looking at 90s women in magazines.

I came across this a little while ago. Probably the best ways to think about it if you want to
Imagine Z is logical.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
There are many times DBZ jumps the shark. DB Super even added master roshi back as a fighter who could hold his own against the strongest fighters of every universe and just hand waived it as "he was holding back from showing his real power this whole time".

So in other words, roshi could probably have dispatched the major villains in Z if he just concentrated and stopped looking at 90s women in magazines.

I came across this a little while ago. Probably the best ways to think about it if you want to
Imagine Z is logical.

They never thought ahead with so much of this--the power scaling makes absolutely no sense upon scrutiny and definitely gets into pretty damn stupid territory as you mentioned with Roshi and even the whole Tournament of Power.

I have an admitted bias towards this series and can easily overlook a lot (except you GT...), but it's a major flaw in the series as a whole that can understandably annoy people.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
They never thought ahead with so much of this--the power scaling makes absolutely no sense upon scrutiny and definitely gets into pretty damn stupid territory as you mentioned with Roshi and even the whole Tournament of Power.

I have an admitted bias towards this series and can easily overlook a lot (except you GT...), but it's a major flaw in the series as a whole that can understandably annoy people.
Its a flaw with this type of manga/anime. Things have to keep getting more and more powerful in order for there to be continued challenges and drama in the story for the characters.

This is quite different from something like JoJo where there are loads of fights, like DBZ, but winning them is less about brawn and sheer strength and more about the hero solving a puzzle or finding an unusual exploit to win the battle.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That's not what happened at all, he explicitly states he's been intensely training in secret for a long time and he's still by far the weakest on their team when the tournament starts. Significantly weaker than Krillin or Tien.