• Gun Nac

• Battle Mania Daiginjou

• Gunhed

• Vattle Giuce

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Last time we did this, it was hardcore arcade action. This time around, legendary console exclusives. That's right, we're in the house this time.

GG Aleste 3 - New Aleste game for Game Gear in 2020, produced by a literal who's who of shooting games. Yeah, yeah, I know we did this one in 2022. There has been a massive change since then though - this can run on Game Gear emulators now. This is one of the best shooting games to come out in some time, in my opinion. Everybody should play this one.
Game_Gear_GG_Aleste_3_cover_art.jpg

Gun Nac - Excellent shooting from Compile for the Famicom. It also came out on NES, but they changed a bunch of things and it just isn't as cool.
gunnac.jpg

Battle Mania Daiginjou - Enjoyable Mega Drive shooting with cute girls. I think this one came out in the west as Battle Mania 2, but I haven't tried it.
bmdgj.png

Gunhed - Another Compile game, this one came out as Blazing Lazers for TG16 in the west. The way I see it, this game set a high watermark for what shooting games on PC Engine/TG16 should be.
gunhed.jpg

Vattle Giuce - Impressive and fun shooting for the original Game Boy.
Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 13.20.32 PM.png

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Great choices! Voted Battle Mania 2, I think this was Mega Drive only at least from a US perspective we didn’t get it. Unique options, love some different gameplay types, I’d poorly play any of these!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
All great choices.

I picked GG Aleste 3 because I'd like to see more newer releases in the SOTM, and besides this game was masterfully done.

Gun Nac would have been my second choice. Great game, if not a little on the easy side.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
All great choices.

I picked GG Aleste 3 because I'd like to see more newer releases in the SOTM, and besides this game was masterfully done.

Gun Nac would have been my second choice. Great game, if not a little on the easy side.

We did GG Aleste 3 already. I think in 2022.

My pick is Battle Mania Daiginjou. Top 5 Genesis game for me.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Yes, playable by anybody who has a device that can run a Game Gear emulator now. This wasn't the case until July of last year, plus the game is so good and fits the theme I was going for, so I decided to pull it into the choices this time around too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I am down for some Game Gear.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Oh nice didn't know Aleste 3 was emulator friendly now.

but Battle Mania 2

hngggg...

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Whether GG Aleste 3 wins or not, look for it on cdromance. The original dump only works with a patch that was briefly posted on smspower that's since been removed.

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Couple things - this poll does allow you to change your vote, and we're not running multiple games. If it ends in a tie, we're still not running multiple games. :D

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Tight race for this month.

If it does end in a tie, I'd be fine with "Host's Choice" to pick one game.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I’ll run a B thread for Battle Mania Daiginjou if needed, I’ve never heard or played it…