Weekly Roundup

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug X, Still trying to 1cc

wanted to play last blade but my multi cart is dead
wanted to play link to the past but my snes just died on me as well

shit week for gaming
Check the fuse on the snes, they happen more often now.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Check the fuse on the snes, they happen more often now.
Waiting for the fuse to come in. My NES also stopped working a while back but I managed to make it work by placing it sideways. Anyways I havent touched the NES in a long while and thought about selling it all off but I spent an all nighter replaying oldies and decided not too. Except Demon Sword fuck Demon Sword

NES
Megaman 2
Zelda
Double Dragon
Demon Sword
Wizard and Warriors
Trojan

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
PS5
Final Fantasy XVI - this quickly became one of our favorite games in the franchise. Story is well paced, the combat system is a ton of fun but I can tell that people who prefer the turn based JRPG mechanics would be intimidated by the action. Definitely give it a try if you're on the fence.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Waiting for the fuse to come in. My NES also stopped working a while back but I managed to make it work by placing it sideways. Anyways I havent touched the NES in a long while and thought about selling it all off but I spent an all nighter replaying oldies and decided not too. Except Demon Sword fuck Demon Sword

NES
Megaman 2
Zelda
Double Dragon
Demon Sword
Wizard and Warriors
Trojan
Fucking loved Demon Sword when I was a kid. I have no idea if I'd enjoy it now.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

NES
Megaman 2
Zelda
Double Dragon
Demon Sword
Wizard and Warriors
Trojan
I could have sent you one, I have a few extra.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
PS5
Final Fantasy XVI - this quickly became one of our favorite games in the franchise. Story is well paced, the combat system is a ton of fun but I can tell that people who prefer the turn based JRPG mechanics would be intimidated by the action. Definitely give it a try if you're on the fence.
I was kinda turned off by the previews because it seemed like a Game of Thrones cash-in 5 years too late. I’m interested but it’s not high on my list.

I started Death Stranding. I like the concept but holy shit the menus and interfaces are so cluttered and confusing.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
2/26/24

Switch
Retrobowl

PS4
Gleylancer
Tekken 7 (don’t have 8 yet)

PS1 via PS3
Thunder force V
Star blade

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I know some of you enjoy the latest Tekken, so here's a recently translated interview from 2010 with the core Namco members reminiscing on their work from the first game up until then: https://shmuplations.com/tekken/

"Harada: Tekken 3 turned out as it did due to being in the works for a while after Tekken 2. The game was made by gathering together skilled members from all across the company, including lead members from different projects. That period was described as the "Namco vs. Dev Department Total War"—people were constantly leaving and joining the company, and because everyone was so strong-willed, people were quick to fight. Everyone was all, "I'm here to make a no-bullshit Namco fighting game!!!", and there wasn't a single day without a fight of some kind (laughs). We were raging all the time; it was like a warzone."

This part put a smile on my face.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
GregN Last seen 56 minutes ago · Viewing thread Happy Birthday, GregN

The best part is no one @'d him in his birthday thread. He only came back after being gone two months to tell us he's been playing Tetris, Pinball, and Dragon Quest, and to look at his birthday thread. Bro is on a different level from us.

fake

15 Year Member
PS Fyv

Death Stranding - This game should suck but I can’t put it down. I’m about 24 hours in.

fake

15 Year Member
PS5
Finished Death Stranding. I'm tempted to keep making deliveries post-game.

Swish
TMNT Cowbunga Collection. Playing the first GB game. It's OK until you get to the bosses.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Swish
TMNT Cowbunga Collection. Playing the first GB game. It's OK until you get to the bosses.
That's oddly one of my favorite TMNT games.

Basic as hell obviously, but I played the ever-living fuck out of it as a kid. Went through it again when that collection dropped and still had a blast.

Xbox
Elden Ring--at about 80 hours with my Faith build.

PSP/Vita
Testing out a bunch of stuff since I jailbroke this thing.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Tunic- This is pretty awesome although the chill atmosphere does not jive with the Dark Souls-lite combat. Still it's a top tier artsy Zelda homage.

fake

15 Year Member
svvitch
FF iii Pixel Remaster

This is surprisingly good. I was expecting a 2.5D mess for some reason, but for the most part it’s the Wonderswan / GBA remake of III that never was. There are some gaudy modern particle and lighting effects, which are gross, but the other updates like auto save make it a short and sweet experience. I’m 10 hours in and am nearing the end.