All updates for NGDevTeam games

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Hi,

Official tread : X-C

I'm looking to list all updates for NGDevTeam games.
Here is what I currently have :

Last Hope Pink Bullet :

Fast Striker
:

Gunlord :

Neo XYX :

Razion :

Kraut Buster :

If you have others, don't hesitate to provide the links.
Updates can be stored in your email inbox, in official newsletters, etc.

THANKS.

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Did fast striker and last hope get updates? I didn't think they were released on an updatable cartridge.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
All this subject makes me think is SNK would have killed for an easy update solution to their cartridges back in the day.

Metal_slug_3_set2_b1_front.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I tried checking my old emails for you to see if I had information about any of them. It unfortunately wasn't as straightforward as I'd hoped. I couldn't find a clear record of the update files.

Did you reach out to NGDevTeam? They are usually good about responding to support questions in my experience.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Last time I contacted Timm regarding this his response was "we had some troubles with the old updates and don't really want to
provide them anymore. Our new games can be easily updated with micro SD Card. But with the old games it was difficult."

I think some people bricked their games because they didn't follow the procedure correctly or something like that.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
That sucks. So they're saying you're stuck with the unfinished versions if you didn't update it back in the day?

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Weren't some people deliberately not updating their version? Worth more pristine or something

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Last Hope Pink Bullet, I'm not sure but Fast Striker : sure.

NGDevTeam doesn't give any update.
Oh I thought you meant USB updates. I thought they didn't implement the USB update functionality in the carts until gunlord.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
Added:

- v1.1 pour Neo XYX [2013/11/07]
Changelog :
Spoiler:
- Improved sprite priority handling
- Improved yoko/horizontal mode (rotated icons and boss warning)
- Improved handling of DIP settings in CMVS setups.
- Several small fixes

Thanks. Maskman.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
What's different about the Razion update?

version 1.1 2015-06-24

- improved selftest for motherboards MV1F/MV1FS (this fixes a reset bug that happens on some systems)

- fixed demo sound DIP switch handling

- improved CMVS support allowing to add credits in BIOS MVS mode with select button (requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

- bug fix: MANIAC difficulty in NOVICE/NORMAL MODE if the game is started while watching the stage 3 demo. (to voluntary enable this "crazy mode" hold A+B+C while stage 3 demo run, start the game and select NOVICE MODE/a hiscore entry is then disabled)(requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

- bug fix: reset bug after boss 3 defeat (happens on some BIOS revisions)

rastaman83

n00b
version 1.1 2015-06-24

- improved selftest for motherboards MV1F/MV1FS (this fixes a reset bug that happens on some systems)

- fixed demo sound DIP switch handling

- improved CMVS support allowing to add credits in BIOS MVS mode with select button (requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

- bug fix: MANIAC difficulty in NOVICE/NORMAL MODE if the game is started while watching the stage 3 demo. (to voluntary enable this "crazy mode" hold A+B+C while stage 3 demo run, start the game and select NOVICE MODE/a hiscore entry is then disabled)(requires SOFT DIP setting 'OPERATION' set to 'HOME')

- bug fix: reset bug after boss 3 defeat (happens on some BIOS revisions)
Thanks a lot.
I tried this on my Razion this week i think

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I worked on Gunlord. I have a ton of different versions somewhere, but I'd have to dig through my old disks.

The drive I used back then is dead, but I used my ex-wife's laptop for updating the daily builds on the game, and she still has that old laptop. She's checking on it for me to see if I left those files on there.