Question about lower end Neo geo aes games and potential for bootlegs

Sword dude

n00b
So had a question

For MVS bootlegs are galore, but for cheaper AES them bootlegs are less common if I'm not mistaken?

Got some cib Neo geo aes games

Can somebody tell me if one of the following titles are suspect or not. Or if the carts are mostly just sacrificial lambs for pricy stuff.

It's about Complete in box Neo geo AES English versions of the games

Nam 1975 with some censorship
samurai shodown
football frenzy
soccer brawl
riding hero
super side kicks 2
baseball 2020
alpha mission II
sengoku
Fatal fury
crossed swords
ninja combat
baseball stars proffesional Japanese

Alpha mission II is the most pricy one I think. but pretty low value for aes still.

Sword dude

n00b

Seller has a fun lineup of boots. Sadly, YAJ / other sites are becoming more rife conversions of lower priced games as well.
I see thanks for the heads up,

I've seen those kinda converts for mostly pricy games, interesting to see a cheaper game like sengoku on there.

That being said those are easier to spot since those conversions usually just come with mvs papers orso? it's not really meant to fool folks I feel. boards will probably not look comparable to them og's.

Shouldn't be to bad compared to higher priced games in which the fakes actually become really good.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
So had a question

For MVS bootlegs are galore, but for cheaper AES them bootlegs are less common if I'm not mistaken?

Got some cib Neo geo aes games

Can somebody tell me if one of the following titles are suspect or not. Or if the carts are mostly just sacrificial lambs for pricy stuff.

It's about Complete in box Neo geo AES English versions of the games

Nam 1975 with some censorship
samurai shodown
football frenzy
soccer brawl
riding hero
super side kicks 2
baseball 2020
alpha mission II
sengoku
Fatal fury
crossed swords
ninja combat
baseball stars proffesional Japanese

Alpha mission II is the most pricy one I think. but pretty low value for aes still.

No.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Generally speaking if home cart is worth less than $300 it hasn't been worth booting. But these days, who knows, I never thought I'd see a bootleg Sengoku.

Those particular games you listed I wouldn't worry much about. A few years back they were common as dirt and sold for double digits. Up until relatively recently there was a seller in Florida selling most of them NOS really cheap.

Sword dude

n00b
Generally speaking if home cart is worth less than $300 it hasn't been worth booting. But these days, who knows, I never thought I'd see a bootleg Sengoku.

Those particular games you listed I wouldn't worry much about. A few years back they were common as dirt and sold for double digits. Up until relatively recently there was a seller in Florida selling most of them NOS really cheap.

How many years back we talking, if where talking english complete in box games. can't be 2 -3 years back no?

Unless ofcourse where just talking AES circuit boards since it's the same for jap and USA carts. and than double digit with just lose aes carts?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
How many years back we talking, if where talking english complete in box games. can't be 2 -3 years back no?

Unless ofcourse where just talking AES circuit boards since it's the same for jap and USA carts. and than double digit with just lose aes carts?
Nah, longer than that. 10 years ago maybe? A little longer? I bought a box of 8 games for $270 or so from him. The skyrocketing of super common home carts is a pretty recent phenomenon though, I'd say last 5 years or so. For most of my time here it was hard to even give away a copy of Samurai Shodown, for example. Great game, but common as dirt.

Sword dude

n00b
Nah, longer than that. 10 years ago maybe? A little longer? I bought a box of 8 games for $270 or so from him. The skyrocketing of super common home carts is a pretty recent phenomenon though, I'd say last 5 years or so. For most of my time here it was hard to even give away a copy of Samurai Shodown, for example. Great game, but common as dirt.
I see damm 10 years, I do recall allot of retro systems being fairly cheap to collect 10 years back.

Samurai shodown even to this day barely breaks the double digits complete nowadays. than again makes sense, can't get much more common than that. for aes anyway.