Faulty KoF 2003

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
So I got a faulty KoF 2003 game it seems. Japanese AES version

so far I had one greenscreen error message (and reset without taking a screenshot duh....) and everytime I fire up the game I have garbled sound effects and sound effects i.e. voiceovers that don't belong in there.

for example voice files of fighters popping up during a stage fight without those fighters etc.

Been testing on a Japanese console with Unibios 4.0 bought directly form Razoola

any ideas?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Assuming the game and slot are both clean, I'd first check your power supply to make sure you're getting solid 5V (or 10V), then see if the cart passes CRC in Unibios, then check the V-ROMs for cold solder joints or hotter than usual chip temperature.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If this could be moved to the Neo Geo Tech Support forum, it might get some more replies.

I would clean the cart and slots well with a contact cleaner. Try adjusting how the cart is seated -- You can pull it up a little while the game is running to see if it makes any difference.

Are all the voices garbled or just some? If cleaning doesn't help, it's likely a problem with one of the V roms or the NEO-PCM2 chip. Test the connections on those before any desoldering.

Last edited: