NEO GEO Cab price?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
It's actually pretty hard to come across a shitty Neo game.

Any man who has ever played Legend of Success Joe wouldn't dare say those words.....

I sold my dedicated neo-25, which was originally a 1 slot, upgraded to a 4 slot, with universe bios, and samurai shodown 1 for $500.00. It was dedicated, and had all new happs controls. I don't think I would pay more than $300.00 for this cab, assuming it works perfect.

Honestly, I would not buy this cab unless it's a steal, like the $200.00 range, even then, I don't think I would really like it.

have you contemplated getting a supergun from xian xi?

unless I was buying a candy cab, a xian xi gun would be the best best, for me at least. I am very happy with mine.

Where are you located Greedo? That was a steal what you sold that cab for. Candies for sale have been pretty much non existent in NC since I've been looking, with the majority of them here being shipped or brought in from elsewhere so I can kind of understand the higher price/value of them aroud these parts. But I still can't figure out why ppl think their woodies are worth so damn much here and charge outrageously high prices for them.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Any man who has ever played Legend of Success Joe wouldn't dare say those words.....

Where are you located Greedo? That was a steal what you sold that cab for. Candies for sale have been pretty much non existent in NC since I've been looking, with the majority of them here being shipped or brought in from elsewhere so I can kind of understand the higher price/value of them aroud these parts. But I still can't figure out why ppl think their woodies are worth so damn much here and charge outrageously high prices for them.

I'm in columbus ohio. Now that I think about it more I think I sold it for $600.00, to a member here who drove from new York to pick it up. It had a new flyback too. I feel the deal was very fair it basically paid for my supergun, but then I had to buy a 2 slot from big Bear. I didn't want to sell it, but I had to. Now that it's gone though, I'm glad I don't have to deal with fixing, and moving it. A supergun is much easier, and with a xrgb it looks comparable to a real monitor

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Any reccomendations on a multicart? I saw aliexpress has this http://m.aliexpress.com/item/453807027.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

I read the 138 in 1 is better for one slots and has a better selection though? Also the ones I found were PCB not cart so I'm assuming I don't need an adapter? I don't have much more to spend on this project for the time being so it would be great to buy a multi until I can start buying the real deals.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Any reccomendations on a multicart? I saw aliexpress has this http://m.aliexpress.com/item/453807027.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

I read the 138 in 1 is better for one slots and has a better selection though? Also the ones I found were PCB not cart so I'm assuming I don't need an adapter? I don't have much more to spend on this project for the time being so it would be great to buy a multi until I can start buying the real deals.

That really depends what games catch your eye. Check out the link below for a breakdown on each one. I think for the most part it's pretty accurate except it fails to mention that Garou is a proto rom on the 161in1. If I remeber right it also crashes on the 161in1 but I'm not 100% certain.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/MVS_Multicart

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm more interested in accuracy than anything so if the 138 has less stutter or innacuracy then I would get it based on that alone but if its a negligible difference I'd rather buy the cart.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm more interested in accuracy than anything so if the 138 has less stutter or innacuracy then I would get it based on that alone but if its a negligible difference I'd rather buy the cart.

Hopefully someone comes along to clarify this and maybe go a little more in depth but all of them have accuracy issues here and there. Here's a thread that asks the same question you are. He wanted the most accurate cart too.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?249818-Best-MVS-Multicart-and-where-to-buy

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
It looks like a lot of people are using Pandora 3 now, I'm guessing that would work with a Vogatek too.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It looks like a lot of people are using Pandora 3 now, I'm guessing that would work with a Vogatek too.

I think if you go the Pandora route, you'll need the JNX Atlas adapter. I know Gohan has one so maybe he can chime in.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes you are going to need an adapter. You see the jamma edge only has 3 action buttons officially, 4 buttons unofficially also known as Jamma+ and 5 buttons if needed, the Pandora along with a lot of time credit console set ups use the ground connection after the 5th button as a 6th action button thus eliminating the ground and using the ground from the first 4 pins. If you made the super gun yourself and you have a bracket or a barrier strip where you set everything and you're only planning to use the PB3 then fuck it, rearrange them pins and be done, but the Atlas Adapter is the way to go, a fine piece of hardware, it actually looks awesome just like everything Xian-Xi makes.

To use a PB3 with a supergun is cool but IMHO mind as well buy a wii, hack it and bam 240p on component, most PVMs accept that signal too, it looks gorgeous, better than actual hardware in some cases, specially if your old school systems aren't RGB capable, Neo and CPS2 play awesome as well as PCEngine, SNES, Genesis, NES, GBA, etc.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I'm a moron, I had the MVS shipped to my old address because I haven't used eBay since the move. Hopefully the change of address I just filed with USPS catches it. Dear god.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Yes you are going to need an adapter. You see the jamma edge only has 3 action buttons officially, 4 buttons unofficially also known as Jamma+ and 5 buttons if needed, the Pandora along with a lot of time credit console set ups use the ground connection after the 5th button as a 6th action button thus eliminating the ground and using the ground from the first 4 pins. If you made the super gun yourself and you have a bracket or a barrier strip where you set everything and you're only planning to use the PB3 then fuck it, rearrange them pins and be done, but the Atlas Adapter is the way to go, a fine piece of hardware, it actually looks awesome just like everything Xian-Xi makes.

To use a PB3 with a supergun is cool but IMHO mind as well buy a wii, hack it and bam 240p on component, most PVMs accept that signal too, it looks gorgeous, better than actual hardware in some cases, specially if your old school systems aren't RGB capable, Neo and CPS2 play awesome as well as PCEngine, SNES, Genesis, NES, GBA, etc.

I have a hacked Wii at home, this will give me a reason to use it again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...if you are using a CRT is pretty much all you need. Excellent little device, get a couple of Tsunoko vs Capcom sticks, mod them and what a setup, also the Pro classic controller is awesome, the patties aren't bad, they're actually great but not for games that use all 6 buttons.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
...if you are using a CRT is pretty much all you need. Excellent little device, get a couple of Tsunoko vs Capcom sticks, mod them and what a setup, also the Pro classic controller is awesome, the patties aren't bad, they're actually great but not for games that use all 6 buttons.

I've got a Trini and a pvm, will be doing this when I get home today but I'll be using my GameCube controllers.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the trins, I got both wega and before wega. As for GC controllers...hey whatever works for you, I couldn't use those for anything over 2 buttons though but that's just me, that tiny d pad...nooooo!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Btw, the Vogateks do support 4 buttons on the DB15s, so Neo stuff is plug and play for sure.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Btw, the Vogateks do support 4 buttons on the DB15s, so Neo stuff is plug and play for sure.

Awesome, good to know. Now after the month my MVS takes to get here, the month it takes to be returned and then the month it takes to be resent I should be happily trudging along in a short half year or so...

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I powered up the Wii as soon as I got home and saw that I had put gxgeo on it long ago and then remembered why I don't use this, no games effing work. Out of several different packs not one game works on gxgeo and only the first tmnt worked in mame. Back to burning Dreamcast discs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Seems high for a Z back conversion cab + 1 slot

Reactions: NGT