15 Year Member
lol
goobs
bdfc18cd9a600c71624fc0313e7a57bc--crack-epidemic-funny-videos.jpg

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
IMG_6567.jpeg
I am simulating the sealed experience we’re about to have. Why? Because the table was a mess riddled with AES carts and garbage and this way it’s kind of ready to go. Shocklands here I come

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ive played and collected Star Trek, Star Wars, Magic, and Middle Earth: The Wizards.

I’ve also played Polemom and Yugioh. Pokemon and Yugioh both suck :emb:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
A few years back I made a deck based entirely around Lim Dul the Necromancer.

Not so much about getting him out/playing him (though probably could have been OK in Commander) but just thematically. Like I’d have fairy basic cards in the deck like a “Dark Ritual” but I got the version with flavor text with Lim Dul (lol.)

One of the card search engines let you search by flavor text.

A lot of the old stories are kinda neat and I was following the mtg story for a bit around 2011-2013 or so like I said.

I’m surprised we haven’t got a video game set in the world of Magic yet. Something like a Metal Gear ACID dnd game would be cool. Explore the world as a planeswalker but cast spells in combat, etc.

The DnD version of Ravnica was great though the subsequent Theros release I thought was pretty weak.

There was a tactical Magic board game that I played a few times. It was ok.

What’s up with all the LotR magic and Warhammer Magic and shit like that? Hasbro cash grab…?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
We just had 2 sets were classic reprints in the last year. Sets. not List slots.
What sets were those? Did they have the same cards as the old sets?
Like my Chaos Orb that I flipped to infinity and stuff? Come on man, are you aware of the scene? :)
Probably not. Do you get pissed when they reprint the expensive cards you have?

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Probably not. Do you get pissed when they reprint the expensive cards you have?
I don’t like it when they reprint stuff, but since they haven’t released RL cards in playable form then I’m fine, what pisses me off is the bear market

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
It is kind of a joke that people get furious about reprints that are visually different. Gating people from playing a card game by requiring thousands to be spent on decks.

There is a lot of cash to be made by dipping into the reserved cards. Look at what they did with commander masters and the Jeweled Lotus. They could do similar with any number of reserved or power 9 cards.

Hasbro could release a statement indicating they are removing the reserve list. Then wait a bit and release a masters set featuring just a few of those old high end cards and see what happens.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
It is kind of a joke that people get furious about reprints that are visually different.
I see your points, but the Jew Lotus is functionally different from the actual Lotus as you’re aware, and stuff like that is just fine, but reprinting the reserved list would cause massive drops in the inventory of investors and erode even further the confidence people have in the game. They will do it in Magic 50 or 100 I think, when the value of the cards is so high that collectors and investors alike can take a little hit. My guess is they reprint when the interest in the game has been greatly affected. Anyway, we should always enjoy the game, because cards are cards and the emotional connection is present. I don’t know..

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
The thing is I think, there’s not a lot of competition going on using a Black Lotus, for instance. Vintage is the main one, so a reprint wouldn’t affect the prices THAT much. There’s the investing aspect, but the prices would recoup. Maybe

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The thing is I think, there’s not a lot of competition going on using a Black Lotus, for instance. Vintage is the main one, so a reprint wouldn’t affect the prices THAT much. There’s the investing aspect, but the prices would recoup. Maybe

I really don't think much would change. People just like to bitch. Look at how expensive Alpha cards are while later editions are super cheap.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Play mostly standard arena these days just to grind to mythic and complain about current meta. I'm hating these uncounterable dino decks as a toxic control player mainly.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Play mostly standard arena these days just to grind to mythic and complain about current meta. I'm hating these uncounterable dino decks as a toxic control player mainly.
That’s great Sudo, I used to play a lot of Arena (with friends too) and MTGO, mostly Vintage which I couldn’t play irl for reasons (lack of cards and dead scene). I’m organizing a Ravnica Remastered sealed event, so the end result should be on my channel and I’m hoping it turns out fine

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
That’s great Sudo, I used to play a lot of Arena (with friends too) and MTGO, mostly Vintage which I couldn’t play irl for reasons (lack of cards and dead scene). I’m organizing a Ravnica Remastered sealed event, so the end result should be on my channel and I’m hoping it turns out fine
That's awesome what's your channel I don't see in in your info? Also you are from Brazil? I just got back from Rio what a beautiful country.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
View attachment 71751
This is good night for me, enjoy the beta Chaos Orb, I actually got to use this card, it’s a dexterity one. See you tomorrow peeps hope I’m behaving and cultivating good vibes
I would...also play with just cards, in the nineties🤔

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
That's awesome what's your channel I don't see in in your info? Also you are from Brazil? I just got back from Rio what a beautiful country.
Oh Rio huh? Yeah I’ve been (rock concert), that’s cool, my channel is War Lullaby & Minus a Heart plus Games, it’s a tad shitty but there you go, check out the best videos section