Applying for a job in America in 2024

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Right? The first time I noticed I showed my boss and she had no idea how the university was getting away with putting something like that in a job posting. Not like she could've done anything about it.

Oddly enough, one such research position that I was interested in and qualified for had that "strongly encouraged" blurb in their posting. I looked up the team via the school's website. Half were East Asian and the other half were Indian. I didn't bother applying. Still a wee bit salty about it.
It's cuz u do work studies niggles

They try to make every job at university work studies except tenured professors, the board and higher up exec admin.
Oh not custodians or janitors either.
Public schools need to do this to keep getting funding and 90% sure private ones get some sort of refunds/tax incentives as well.

They used to be able to just say for PELL grant or other scholarship recipients but around 15 years ago they made them all easier for most people to qualify for. Also they've gotten rid of most work requirements for recipients going to school.

They idea is to pay some disadvantage mother $30 an hour for part time work so she can have a couple bucks walk around money after welfare and grants.
She already made her way there and has somebody watching the kids may as well have her work a few hours.
Also it's work experience you can put on a resume.

The longer nobody applies for the job the more tiers you can get rid of and make it available to the general public.

Last edited:

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
i've always said, "the best way to get rid of racism in the world and create equality is to make white people feel disenfranchised. history has always shown this is the best way." it's a bulletproof plan.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i certainly wouldn't contact HR for any of this. HR works for the company, not the employees. It's crazy how long it takes people to realize it. It's not until someone brings up a disturbance with HR, and later find out they are being reprimanded because HR would rather penalize everyone than put fault on the company.

I have team members that tattle to HR like they give a shit. it's hilarious on one hand, but disturbing when you see how HR really operates. It's also disturbing to watch adults act like children and tattle to HR when someone's email is too verbose. yes, that happened.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
They went beyond that, they asked if you've hanging out with and possibly banging people at homeless shelters or insane asylums.
See question #19

You sure you don't have any kids from any of those places?....
Guess it must've have been a big enough problem that they had to ask about it.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Need some of that AI shit to apply to jobs now.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
use the autism to your advantage, make them accommodate your brand new pronoun. Be a woman when you need too.

I identify as a black jew lesbian, so any disagreement with me is anti semantic, racist and homofrogic.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
use the autism to your advantage, make them accommodate your brand new pronoun. Be a woman when you need too.

I identify as a black jew lesbian, so any disagreement with me is anti semantic, racist and homofrogic.
That doesn't always work as our friend Rachel Dolezal found out.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This is just the tip of the iceberg (I've seen many applications asking your sexual preference !!!)...literally the top 3 ways employers discriminate. People fought VERY hard for these questions to NOT be asked of people applying for work. Insane. Anyone who doesn't see this as a huge step backwards is mentally retarded.

View attachment 71715

This must be a result of all those brown dykes and trannies invading over the border.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It’s all corporate virtue signaling and entirely motivated by profits (somewhere in Xavier’s rant he talks about government funding for equity programs.)

The good old Boys club still rules and no one in this thread has lost out on a job due to this shit.

Yawn.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It’s all corporate virtue signaling and entirely motivated by profits (somewhere in Xavier’s rant he talks about government funding for equity programs.)

The good old Boys club still rules and no one in this thread has lost out on a job due to this shit.

Yawn.
You're right that I haven't lost a job to this shit, but I am aware of others that have been gendered out of a job. A lateral team was specifically only hiring women intentionally. It was obvious from my perspective, but they confirmed it over a few too many drinks. They were certain a girls club would outperform other teams, and it utterly imploded.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

Yawn.
what about college admissions?

edit: also note, i'm not necessarily saying that the virtue signaling is actually impacting hiring in a meaningful way. i don't like the virtue signaling in and of itself. i just can't make a blanket determination on something i have no true visibility into as confidently as you can. i don't have the pulse of every company and job opening in every industry.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Virtue signal
lol.

continuing my thought...i do know what the fall out of dismissing this behavior as ineffectual virtue signaling is. you have people like xavier who incorrectly attributes their lack of opportunities to the type of rhetoric and signaling resulting from this crap - creating many more disgruntled people that end up going full american history x instead of xavier wondering "hmm maybe it's something wrong with me?".

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
what about college admissions?

What about it?

Affirmative Action is over except in military colleges.

I’d wager no one who got bumped from a college due to a preferential pick of a minority didn’t also make it in to some other college. Sorry son, you have to go to the #2 college. lmao.

Just more bullshit to get the average folk to fight amongst themselves while the ruling class fucks us all.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
They distracted us with CRT so they could sneak in DEI. I realized this on DMT.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
What about it?

Affirmative Action is over except in military colleges.

I’d wager no one who got bumped from a college due to a preferential pick of a minority didn’t also make it in to some other college. Sorry son, you have to go to the #2 college. lmao.

Just more bullshit to get the average folk to fight amongst themselves while the ruling class fucks us all.
while i think some people make things overblown, i think you are taking too naive of a position. schools wouldn't have removed factoring in standardized test scores (SAT and ACT) because it was viewed as being biased towards underprivileged demographics. some schools like dartmouth have decided to bring it back recently. likewise, there wouldn't be noticeable discrepancies of high school academic accomplishments, along racial lines, for accepted applicants. there is some level of subjectivity in acceptance. is it specifically race or other demographic bias? maybe, maybe not. your argument about "boohoo you only got accepted to your #2 choice" is strawman-ing a bit.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
lol.

continuing my thought...i do know what the fall out of dismissing this behavior as ineffectual virtue signaling is. you have people like xavier who incorrectly attributes their lack of opportunities to the type of rhetoric and signaling resulting from this crap - creating many more disgruntled people that end up going full american history x instead of xavier wondering "hmm maybe it's something wrong with me?".
Another example of how you all don't understand me.

In short I'm not a racist or classicist and I believe these programs are still around because they need to be.
Hopefully someday we will have evolved into a more efficient society and can get rid of them.

You can call it the good ol' boys club, internally I call it the boyfriends and girlfriend club.
Really though, a vast majority of employment and economic opportunities are passed along through networks.
I was naive and believed for awhile that you got ahead through skill and hard work.

Just saying I prefer a system based off of meritocracy not mediocrity.
As far as EO goes I'd rather see a job go to someone as part of a quota than to the bosses/owners kid or someones vapid ex girlfriend.
The playing field is much more flat these days, making such programs almost irrelevant but...
Organizations should strive to have representation somewhat like the community it's in and or serves and left to their own devices everybody would just work with clone yes people of themselves in an echochamber.

To be honest though I've lost sympathy for people who've gotten second and third chances when I don't feel I've even gotten my first and lost my empathy for others who self identify as a stalk of celery when I feel my issues are more real and undressed.

And no I'm not necessarily talking about gay or trans people either.

For example when I see these shit talking THOTS on dating sites and social media.
I strongly dislike workfare and how they jacked up welfare.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
lol.

Another example of how you all don't understand me.

In short I'm not a racist or classicist and I believe these programs are still around because they need to be.
Hopefully someday we will have evolved into a more efficient society and can get rid of them.

You can call it the good ol' boys club, internally I call it the boyfriends and girlfriend club.
Really though, a vast majority of employment and economic opportunities are passed along through networks.
I was naive and believed for awhile that you got ahead through skill and hard work.

Just saying I prefer a system based off of meritocracy not mediocrity.
As far as EO goes I'd rather see a job go to someone as part of a quota than to the bosses/owners kid or someones vapid ex girlfriend.
The playing field is much more flat these days, making such programs almost irrelevant but...
Organizations should strive to have representation somewhat like the community it's in and or serves and left to their own devices everybody would just work with clone yes people of themselves in an echochamber.

To be honest though I've lost sympathy for people who've gotten second and third chances when I don't feel I've even gotten my first and lost my empathy for others who self identify as a stalk of celery when I feel my issues are more real and undressed.

And no I'm not necessarily talking about gay or trans people either.

For example I see these shit talking THOTS on dating sites and social media