What's The Best 360 To Series X Converter For Arcade Sticks?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've seen a few options but I wanna ask the lads so I can scoop the best one.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
This is the one I use all the time, and it's great:

Series S and Series X use the same controller standard as Xbox One (they didn't change it) so this same converter I used on Xbox One also works great on my Series X.

I bought mine from Focus Attack. They've replaced the model I have with this one now:

You can also just buy this one these days, and this one will also support more kinds of controllers, plus wireless:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
This is the one I use all the time, and it's great:

Series S and Series X use the same controller standard as Xbox One (they didn't change it) so this same converter I used on Xbox One also works great on my Series X.

I bought mine from Focus Attack. They've replaced the model I have with this one now:

You can also just buy this one these days, and this one will also support more kinds of controllers, plus wireless:

Thanks brutha! I'm gonna scoop one!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Thanks brutha! I'm gonna scoop one!

Read up on it. People are getting blocked from using it on their Xbox Ones and Series when playing online. It’s been an inconsistent issue for people for months.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
There's an older Brook adapter (can't remember the name) that was originally designed as a 360 to Xbox One converter. It only supported wired USB connection and only 360 stuff, no wireless or cross platform controls like the Wingman XB. It's older and outdated, but it hasn't been on the unlicensed accessory banning list... yet.

Hopefully being old and barebones it will stay off the radar.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Read up on it. People are getting blocked from using it on their Xbox Ones and Series when playing online. It’s been an inconsistent issue for people for months.
That sucks. Never heard of this. I've been using mine for years and never had a problem.

There's an older Brook adapter (can't remember the name) that was originally designed as a 360 to Xbox One converter. It only supported wired USB connection and only 360 stuff, no wireless or cross platform controls like the Wingman XB. It's older and outdated, but it hasn't been on the unlicensed accessory banning list... yet.

Hopefully being old and barebones it will stay off the radar.
That's the first one I linked. The one I have:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
That's the first one I linked. The one I have:

My mistake, I should have paid attention to the links.

I have one of the Wingman XB's also. I use it for Series X controllers on my 360 and original Xbox, which makes a huge difference having a functional d-pad instead of that 360 shit.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Is the Series X D pad good? I actually use a 360 pad for 2D games on Xbox One and Series X because two of my Xbox One D pads broke immediately when I tried to use them to play games.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Is the Series X D pad good?

I like it. Depending on the game I may prefer just a regular Xbox One d-pad, but to me it's definitely not bad at all, much better than any previous generation Xbox or PlayStation pad.

You feel and hear the microswitch click when you press a direction, moreso than on a regular Xbox One pad. To me it feels like it requires a slight bit more pressure than those do. Due to that if I'm going to play a game with a lot of directional inputs like a fighter, I may switch out to the One pad just for that game.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I like it. Depending on the game I may prefer just a regular Xbox One d-pad, but to me it's definitely not bad at all, much better than any previous generation Xbox or PlayStation pad.
Whaaaaat? Why am I the only one saying the XBox One D pad is trash? For my third controller, I literally had to not play games with it to keep the D pad working.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Best D-Pads ever were SNES, Saturn, and PS1/2. Series X is actually ok. They somehow made the concave shape work.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The Xbox One D pad has almost no motion, and the directions just click slightly when depressed. You need some rocking movement in a good D pad. Even if the Xbox One D pad wasn't so fragile, it would still really suck.

The Xbox 360 pad is far from great, but at least it has some movement to it.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
The Xbox One D pad has almost no motion, and the directions just click slightly when depressed. You need some rocking movement in a good D pad.

If movement is important to you then you will probably dislike the Series X pad. It has even less play in it.

My main issue with the 360 and original Xbox pad was it felt mushy with no pushback to it. If I'm playing a fighter and the moves aren't coming out I can't tell if it's my fault because I'm not pressing hard enough, the controller's fault for having worn out membranes, or just the game having shitty controls. The firmness and tactile click of the Series X pad eliminates that.

Last edited: