Dehumidifier?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Technically any HVAC system will dehumidify.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Does anyone here have a dehumidifier?
Do you find that it works well?
From what I've read, there are various benefits to having drier air in your house.
If it's cold and damp, run the heat. If it's hot and humid, run the AC.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does anyone here have a dehumidifier?
Do you find that it works well?
From what I've read, there are various benefits to having drier air in your house.
I have one in my grow room. Was about $350.00 and well worth it. That thing will suck you bone dry. The issue is they put off a lot of heat. They will raise the room temp by 5-10 degrees.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have one in my grow room. Was about $350.00 and well worth it. That thing will suck you bone dry. The issue is they put off a lot of heat. They will raise the room temp by 5-10 degrees.
I have an idea, lets put joe into a room full of these things. We can grind up whats left and sell it to chinese medicine practitioners as powdered koala!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Over 60% always leads to mold.
I'm convinced that they tell us to keep RH below 60% because they know damn well that most people treat such numbers like speed limits. I have four hygrometers in my apartment. Relative humidity is ~65% most of the time. Actually, 16.7°C and 64% RH, right now. I have zero issues with mold. Didn't even run the heat ever since the Ukranian war started. Before that I used to set the thermostat to 17,5°C.

My digital weather station warns when RH is too high. That alarm went off once this winter. At that point RH was 80%.

What's everyone's target humidity level?
In summer we have ambient 80-100% humidity, so I set them to 60% otherwise they would run forever.
I used to set mine to 65%.

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It's 86% outside right now, it's going to rain today. Mine are set at 40% but that doesn't help him when he has 80-100% in the summer.
It's too dry for me when it goes below 40% and too high when it goes above 60%. My basement is 60-65% and I don't want to live there.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
My basement is 60-65% and I don't want to live there.
Fair enough. Still doesn't change the fact that a RH of ~65% won't make your walls turn black. If that was the case, you'd never want to enter your basement without proper PPE.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
No need to quote, nobody replied for days. I don't want to live in your basement either. Let the Joe thread die.