WTB:Original modded Xbox

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Looking for a modded original Xbox I can download games to with a mod chip and some programs installed

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
You don't need a modchip to play backups, emulators, and run homebrew apps. Just snag any old Xbox, throw in a bigger hard drive, and you're good. I'm oversimplifying, but it's a softmod, and there's plenty of YouTube tutorials out there. It's pretty easy to do.

Ghaleon

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is really easy. I did a few last year. Just needed a certain version of Mechwarrior, one of the Splinter Cells (forget which), or another game in forgetting.

It's WAY easier than installing a mod chip, and it's much more likely you'll find either an unwanted Xbox that can be modded than a pre-chipped console. If this info isn't helpful, then no prob!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The softmod is easy, but you need a special cable, and to find the right vintage USB memory stick and version of a game. If you don't already have Splinter Cell, everyone should have it in their collection anyway.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I have a softmodded one with a pretty decent CRT version of MAME on it, and a dead DVD drive.

I haven't installed a modchip in an original xbox since I was a teenager. Like, not old enough to buy cigarettes. This week I turned 38 :ROFLMAO:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Reminder to anyone who owns an OG Xbox: remove the clock capacitor and re-cap that shit. That thing is a ticking time bomb that will murder your motherboard. I lost two modded Xboxes to that damn thing.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can readily get pre modded ones loaded up with games and emulators on Etsy and eBay. Heck, seems like you can get a modded 360 these days with a multi terabyte HDD full of ogxbox and 360 games. That might be a good alternative since you get both libraries and a more powerful system for console/arcade emulators.

AirZonk

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're still looking I have one I may consider selling. It's a Japanese launch model with a smoke colored case. Has a mod chip, HDMI mod, upgraded ram and larger HD installed. The DVD drive doesn't work and according to the installer the console is locked to 480p.