gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Pick your poison.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Loopmaster is strong.

Raiden II is close second, but i'd rather play IV if we're going to do a Raiden.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I second the nomination for Loopmaster. Haven’t played it in a long time but it’s solid. Sure not as solid as 19XX which is more traditional, but I commend them for trying something different.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
It’s very, very similar to Varth, including the insane number of stages.

An observation on these SOTM dealies - It definitely seems that folks gravitate toward the games they recognize on the list, or the games they've had exposure to. I guess this makes sense, since it's kind of a competition, and you want to play something you've played before so you can do your best, but voting based on this criteria alone is fuckin' lame. Sorry, but we just got done playing Varth, a Capcom game that everybody knows, and now looks like we're going to jump right into 1944, a very similar Capcom game that everybody knows. Live a little, my guys. Shooting is a vast landscape with a lot to see and experience. Why not use this as an opportunity to try something new? In any case, I've prepared a large cup to capture all the tears of the people crying about the same things everybody cried about in Varth. I'll steep some earl gray in those tears and gulp 'em down, I guess.

This isn't directed at anybody in particular, btw. This is something that invariably happens every month.

Last edited:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Good take Ajax, I may end up switching my vote to Raiden II or even Dragon’s Breed.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I'm not sure if this poll allows vote changing. Maybe @gusmoney can modify the poll to allow it? I would love to check out Dragon Breed, but voted for the NES game, 'cause I've kinda been on this FC thing recently.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Dragon’s Breed would get me in this month. Raiden II a close second.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Bring on the Irem! Weirdly enough I’ve played some Saint Dragon but never Dragon Breed.