Kraut Buster AES JP & USA extreme graphics garbled glitched.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
I also had this posted in the Kraut Busters topic.
More details below,20240118_235333.jpg

(Support says 4/5 times it's the power supply due to a new PCB design it may be the cause)
100% of my other games work no issues. Including gunlord and a bootleg 161 in 1 cart.

Whats a good way to test a power supply other than checking the voltage? How common is this?
Any recommendations for a replacement PS?

Thanks

OG post
Busted or glitched out copies of the cart..

I am sure I'm the only one with this shitty luck,
Both my Japanese and USA AES copies do this to me after the second resets.
On first play of my US copy the paratroopers were all blocky as was some background airplane crash on the first stage.
I powered off the system reseated the cart and got this... Multiple attempts no luck..
Started testing other carts I have with no issues including gunlord and a 161 in one cart.

Then I try my Japanese copy starts up fine first time I hit reset to go back into the setting screen by holding start and then everything was glitched exactly the same as my USA copy.

Retested my other carts they all work no issues.
I'm on unibios 4.0

I have a MVS version also that has not had this problem yet It's been a few years.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
My OG power supply is outputting 5+ some volts before there's a load on it. I have one regulated power supply rated for 5 volts at 3.7 amps unfortunately the polarity is swapped so either I cut it and flip it or come up with some other janky solution or order another one online just to test if that's really the problem.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Just received my triad PSU, same issue...

Hooked up the PSU to "Kill A Watt EZ" meter to read the voltage and current.
It seems to be very close to a retail game like Last Resort and the same as other homebrew Xenon Crisis & GunLord.
The only one that stands out is the 161 in 1 bootleg cart and that works perfectly.

"Kill A Watt EZ" readings
KB 09 amp 07 watt 11va
GL 09 amp 07 watt 11va
161 13 amp 09 watt 15 va
LR 09 amp 06 watt 11 va
XC 09 amp 07 watt 11va

Not sure what to think, when all other games work perfectly and a new PSU does not help.
What are the odds I have 2 bad games?
In the end I should not have to jump through hoops to get a game to work when everything else works perfectly. Seems like they're going to deflect and say it's my problem yet It's their PCB design or the unprobable two bad PCBs.. Maybe I'm wrong and my Neo Geo is just out of spec where only this one homebrew PCB does not work on it..

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Those carts really need testing on another console.

At least you know your first power supply is still good. I have original PSU's, but I usually like to use my Triad for optimal performance.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member

At least you know your first power supply is still good. I have original PSU's, but I usually like to use my Triad for optimal performance.
Sucks my one friend that had a neogeo sold it long time ago..

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Added my system info

Attachments

• 20240122_143426.jpg
    20240122_143426.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So you have 1 MVS copy and 2 homecarts?

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Honestly where did the pack of dick eating trolls come from. Holy shit what a bunch of douchebags.
Half the comments are questioning why a person buys something, Butt hurt they didn't get a copy of the game at retail? Half didn't want it in the first place and bitching it's a metal slug clone / copy.
Bottom line wtf are you posting your crap In a support section that is not related to the topic.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member

A buddy of a buddy may be able to help me test.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Honestly where did the pack of dick eating trolls come from. Holy shit what a bunch of douchebags.
Half the comments are questioning why a person buys something, Butt hurt they didn't get a copy of the game at retail? Half didn't want it in the first place and bitching it's a metal slug clone / copy.
Bottom line wtf are you posting your crap In a support section that is not related to the topic.
I hope that wasn't directed at me. Just trying to establish what's going on here.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member

A buddy of a buddy may be able to help me test. Odd redundant reply stuck in unsent reply. Cant msgs be deleted, oh well back to eating crayons

Last edited:

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Another interesting hint is the UniBIOS gfx fails to load when booting vs a working cart.
Only the fonts load.

Attachments

• 20240122_162355.jpg
    20240122_162355.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240122_162336.jpg
    20240122_162336.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240122_162727.jpg
    20240122_162727.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 1

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Another interesting hint is the UniBIOS gfx fails to load when booting vs a working cart.
Only the fonts load.
That is expected. The logo is made with sprites, and everything else is made with fix tiles. Which is the same as your other pics, the fix layer in general seems fine.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Eh. This is just the way this place is. Once you accept that people are just trying to outdo each other for amusement you will laugh and learn to roll with it.

The folks who complain about this board on social media should grow a spine (ballsack).

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Member since 2003, over 800 posts and no idea what this place is like😅
Meh, I think the standard dipped since my most active days. Most people kept the topic on track back then. The drama stayed elsewhere when you are looking for it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Meh, I think the standard dipped since my most active days. Most people kept the topic on track back then. The drama stayed elsewhere when you are looking for it.
The War Room was originally a brilliant way to contain teh drama, but its influence has gradually spilled over into the rest of the forum over time. You cannot contain teh drama.