Trying to get info on "Test Carts"

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I've been told they were review copies sent out to magazines, others have said they are internal copies of the games for SNK to test. I have 3 of these carts that I'm probably going to sell, but I need some information on them. One of them is already an highly sought after game Faselei. This would technically be one of the only true US copies of this game since it never got released here, but I guess that would be just a play on words as it's the English version of the game. Is there any info that you could lead me to?

unnamed.jpg

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I have several I bought from a former SNK employee, and have one I bought from a former Tips & Tricks writer.

Also, while Faselei never saw a retail release in the US during the NGPC's life, it was so close that the cartridges were produced. These loose US Faselei cartridges ended up surfacing a few years later.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Wow, did they ever get sold to the public anywhere?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Those four packs were how I got my copy. Man, those were good times.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Oh the blister packs. I thought you meant with official box and all.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Oh the blister packs. I thought you meant with official box and all.

With an ESRB rating on it. I’m not sure why you state yours to be one of the “only” true US copies since it did get a release, albeit in blister pack form.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Not a prototype expert but the sticker on the inferior blister copies looks better.
100%, but there are less of these than the blister packs.
With an ESRB rating on it. I’m not sure why you state yours to be one of the “only” true US copies since it did get a release, albeit in blister pack form.
I didn't realize the blisters had the ESRB, I thought they were the European copies being resold in the US. That's why I said it.