First cart you ever owned

doaal

Marked Wolf
KOF 2000 with a one-slot MVS board for $20 in Toronto's Chinatown. Sat on the shelf for weeks while I followed tutorials to build my own supergun.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
while I followed tutorials to build my own supergun.
My first supergun was built in a plastic tub. Chris Ray helped me build it. God that thing was stupid, but hey I was 19. Got AOF3 for it as my first mvs cart which made it all worth it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I still use my plastic tub supergun I built 18 years ago. I haven't replaced it.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I still use my plastic tub supergun I built 18 years ago. I haven't replaced it.
Mine was ... floppy. And I moved it around a lot living in a dorm. Things would get disconnected pretty regularly, so it had to go.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Mine was ... floppy. And I moved it around a lot living in a dorm. Things would get disconnected pretty regularly, so it had to go.
Sounds sketch. Mine's in a small Radio Shack project box. It's gotten some upgrades over the years. I've since removed the Jrok s-video encoder and set it up for RGB-only with pots and TTL attenuation. The whole thing still looks like melted garbage though.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Dog Tag... what pos that insert was... think it was from Ravengames in Kent.

First NGCD game - Super Sidekicks 3 / King of the Monsters 2, from CEX in Rathbone Place, London.

My Neo Geo and Samurai Shodown came from KT consoles in Scotland… with a huge home made 5 Volt power supply!

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
KoF 96 bought together with an AES console and one stick in Tokyo 2002.

Still one of my favorites KoFs even though the gameplay is subpar compared to 97, 98 etc.

would love to have a mint US AES copy but those prices are killing me

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I bought a MVS 4-slot board off eBay in 2004, without reading the description which said it was broken. BLACK iCE sold me a NAM-1975 and Razoola helped me diagnose the broken address line to the program ROM.

20 years later I'm still shitposting here.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
My first cart was Metal Slug 1 on the MVS which came with my MVS 1 slot board, I sold everything and moved to AES collecting. I still kept the mini marque of Metal Slug 1 for my self because people didnt value them where it didnt made a difference in the price, it wasnt a full kit either.

My first AES game was Fatal Fury Special which I have beaten on the same day i powered the system on for the first time, and without a memory card.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
My first carts came w/my first cab, a 1 slot converted neo geo cab. IIRC It came with Strikers 1945+ (which needed an IC fixed), Puzzle Bobble, and 2 other games I can't recall offhand.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
NGH: Samurai Shodown & Robo Army
MVS: Metal Slug & Neo Turf Masters
NGCD: Viewpoint & Puzzle Bobble
NGP: Fatal Fury First Contact

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
My first cart was Metal Slug 1 on the MVS which came with my MVS 1 slot board, I sold everything and moved to AES collecting. I still kept the mini marque of Metal Slug 1 for my self because people didnt value them where it didnt made a difference in the price, it wasnt a full kit either.

My first AES game was Fatal Fury Special which I have beaten on the same day i powered the system on for the first time, and without a memory card.
A lot of AES collectors have a stack of MVS too due to the cost.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
My first NGH (CIB) was gifted to me from a shop that sold retrogaming in 2001. I still did not have a home system, which I bought in July 2002, so i just kept it just to stare at it in awe. The game was Blue's Journey and it was the Eur version. I do not like non JP NGH carts but still I kept it to this day just because it was my first cart and it meant a lot to me.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
A lot of AES collectors have a stack of MVS too due to the cost.
At the time my goal was only collecting the AES games not on the 161 in 1 multicard, basically to have access to all games, seemed pretty feasible as far as AES prices were at the time and there was no real flash cart available lol. Now I collect what ever I want.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Bought a JP AES system just to play Samurai Shodown II. Spent more money to get the system modded for unibios, s-video and component, rgb mod, framemeister mini, and rgb cables....just to play that one game.

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Bought my AES a long while back with Top Hunter and an uncensored Nam. Now collecting for the thing is an addiction