Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That does not appear to be Yodd...

This is the content of the issue though:

What a monumental fuck up.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
On legit HD cabs being cheaper than this right now, I assume you're talking about this?

Vewlix Diamond Blue - $1,250
I'm seeing no real market move on these, so I'm clearing 'em. There's no support. They all probably have an IO, but you don't get to pick it. May or may not have locks. Panel could be anything; 1L, SEGA candy panel, whatever. No guarantee on a marquee. Most have working monitors iirc, but assume they aren't. I will not let you pick out of them, I will not swap IOs/panels for you, I will not check if the monitors are good, etc. You are getting a Vewlix FC out of our stock, as-is. If you want specifics, you can order one at the normal price. Probably will state this too many times, but this is a clearance. It's not that these are bad cabs, it's that we are clearing inventory quickly. This won't be a sale for everyone.

Vewlix FC - $750 - ALL SOLD
Same as above, but I'll copy-paste the whole thing anyway. I'm seeing no real market move on these, so I'm clearing 'em. There's no support. They all probably have an IO, but you don't get to pick it. May or may not have locks. Panel could be anything; 1L, SEGA candy panel, whatever. No guarantee on a marquee. Most have working monitors iirc, but assume they aren't. I will not let you pick out of them, I will not swap IOs/panels for you, I will not check if the monitors are good, etc. You are getting a Vewlix FC out of our stock, as-is. If you want specifics, you can order one at the normal price. Probably will state this too many times, but this is a clearance. It's not that these are bad cabs, it's that we are clearing inventory quickly. This won't be a sale for everyone.

Noir HD (Tekken 7) - $750
I'm seeing no real market move on these, so I'm clearing 'em. There's no support. They all have working monitors, may or may not have locks, and include the ES3 for Tekken 7. It will not be patched to run offline, and I will straight up blacklist you if you ask for help with it; I'm literally only including them because I don't want to take them out. It's a huge hassle for us, you are buying cabs priced to accommodate for the services we are not offering this time around. Probably will state this too many times, but this is a clearance. It's not that these are bad cabs, it's that we are clearing inventory quickly. This won't be a sale for everyone.

'Cause, yeah, all of this sounds fucking awesome, naturally.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I mean, the exact same guy sells Vewlix FCs for $1250 and Noir HDs for $1000 normally complete in stellar condition with full service so yeah... legit HD cabs are cheaper and readily available. You spend your money however you want but there are better alternatives.

Ajax

15 Year Member
So, I'm just playing devil's advocate, 'cause lord knows I ain't buying this shit, and I've been all set on the cab front for about two decades now, but you really gonna try to call what Cereth offers "full service"?

My last comment is a jab at Cereth, not a comment on the quality, price, or availability of this Unico thing in any way, for what it's worth.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So, I'm just playing devil's advocate, 'cause lord knows I ain't buying this shit, and I've been all set on the cab front for about two decades now, but you really gonna try to call what Cereth offers "full service"?

My last comment is a jab at Cereth, not a comment on the quality, price, or availability of this Unico thing in any way, for what it's worth.

Is that the guy that will block you if you ask a question or some shit?

Ajax

15 Year Member
Ah, ok, he's who we ordered our stools from.

My quote was from Cereth though, and I would rather have one of these dropped on me than work with Cereth again.

The way I see it, this will open the market to more options like this, and that's not a bad thing. This one may not be a hit, but my bet is that we'll see some options that are more appealing before long.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Ah, ok, he's who we ordered our stools from.

My quote was from Cereth though, and I would rather have one of these dropped on me than work with Cereth again.

The way I see it, this will open the market to more options like this, and that's not a bad thing. This one may not be a hit, but my bet is that we'll see some options that are more appealing before long.
Any time there’s more options for consumers the better especially Jamma plug n play for the most part

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I got my Neo25 off craigslist for $250 over 10 years ago. I bought it with the intent to flip it for something like $700, but I brought it home and just couldnt bring myself to let it go.

Since then Ive bought and sold several cabs, including a Blast City and its the only one that has remained static. Id sooner sell my Chewlix, PS5 and cats before selling the Neo25.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Yeah, same here, but MVSU4. Got it for $400 in 2005. A fair number of cabs have come and gone since then - Two Big Reds, two Crown candy cabs, a Vewlix F, two Blast City cabs, a Mini Cute and three SQs. There have been a few times when I've considered selling the MVSU4, and who knows what will happen in the future, but it feels like a fixture at this point. I got it from Ken at the Gameroom shortly after he moved to Utah and the whole experience of going out to some backwoods town and seeing a warehouse literally full of candy cabs and PCBs... Just a wild experience. Great, great memories.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ha! You had a Crowin? Or is Crown yet another manufacturer.

I had a Crowin Case one a few years ago but ended up selling it. Ive seen them pop up every once in a while on Facebook sales.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I think Crowin/Crown might be the same thing. I got a pair of them from a Tilt many years ago. It was $300 all in and it had a Tekken game that I sold on here for that amount. I later gave the cabs to a friend while I was living out of the US. He still has 'em.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
FWIW, the monitor in the Nova Blast is actually a new model, not the one with the resolution controversy.

This new one is 1440x1080 and has some new controls and tweaked colors, apparently. At least that is the what is claimed. The one person I have seen who actually has received a Nova Blast is 19kfox on youtube, and he did comment that it looks much better than the previous Unico 26 inch monitor. I also heard an interview where a Unico rep said they will be offering the new monitor separately as a "pro" version after the Nova Blast ships, and that it might cost a bit more than the old model (i.e. maybe $350?).

As for buying a Vewlix instead, well those weigh around 250lbs, are generally larger and require more work to hook stuff up. I know this is a pretty hardcore crowd here that is used to buying original cabinets, but for some like me the Nova Blast seems like a pretty cool option to have a compact sit-down cab in their home with minimal fuss, size and weight. I also really like the 4:3 display vs 16:9. The original Japanese cabs are obviously the best, simply because they are the originals, but they aren't ideal for everyone. As for price, this is neo-geo.com - since when do people here worry about prices. :-)