Do you personally know someone with their own Wikipedia page

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
A long time ago during my undergraduate Computer Science studies there was one french guy who was a little bit pretentious (aka he was french), and wouldn’t help others in the lab. Most of us had a bro code of helping each other out with our programming assignments in the lab, but this guy wouldn’t share his code but was happy to look at others to steal ideas from. He had a very expensive SLR camera which was his pride and joy.

We thought it would be funny to add him to wikipedia’s list of famous gay bathhouse regulars to piss him off. We named his girlfriend at the time as his ‘token show wife’, spoke of his depression and suffering of being chastised as a gay frenchman in the 19th century, and made up a photobook that we said he made full of naked young men and quotes along the lines of ‘there is nothing more appealing to the eye than to see the bare form of Adam basking in a pool.’

Obviously we told the guy about this and he was furious. The icing on the cake was that he turned out to be a homophobe. He deleted it from wikipedia that day. But the following day it reappeared and none of us in the lab had done it. It turns out we’d done such a good job of making this guy’s profile up that a wikipedia admin thought that the removal of the entry was an act of vandalism. They had then locked the page from further edits.

It took many, many months of him pleading before he was able to get the wikipedia admins to take the entry down. The gag didn’t end there though as another free online encyclopaedia had clearly nicked this ‘fact’ from wikipedia so he had to go explain it all to them as well to get it taken down.

Remember, always fact check anything important from wikipedia.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I stood behind supermodel Megan Gale on a shuttle bus from the airport gate across the tarmac. I got to know her ass a little so that counts right?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
About 3 or 4, and a a lady I banged who did a couple of ted talks

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
A long time ago during my undergraduate Computer Science studies there was one french guy who was a little bit pretentious (aka he was french), and wouldn’t help others in the lab. Most if us had a bro code of helping each other out with our programming assignments in the lab, but this guy wouldn’t share his code but was happy to look at others to steal ideas from. He had a very expensive SLR camera which was his pride and joy.

We thought it would be funny to add him to wikipedia’s list of famous gay bathhouse regulars to piss him off. We named his girlfriend at the time as his ‘token show wife’, spoke of his depression and suffering of being chastised as a gay frenchman in the 19th century, and made up a photobook that we said he made full of naked young men and quotes along the lines of ‘there is nothing more appealing to the eye than to see the bare form of Adam basking in a pool.’

Obviously we told the guy about this and he was furious. The icing on the cake was that he turned out to be a homophobe. He deleted it from wikipedia that day. But the following day it reappeared and none of us in the lab had done it. It turns out we’d done such a good job of making this guy’s profile up that a wikipedia admin thought that the removal of the entry was an act of vandalism. They had then locked the page from further edits.

It took many, many months of him pleading before he was able to get the wikipedia admins to take the entry down. The gag didn’t end there though as another free online encyclopaedia had clearly nicked this ‘fact’ from wikipedia so he had to go explain it all to them as well to get it taken down.

Remember, always fact check anything important from wikipedia.
Holy shit lmao, I went to a below average thread looking for copper but found gold. That sounds like something I'd totally do in uni if the idea crossed my mind.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Two kids I grew up with and went to school with went on to be successful athletes. One was an Olympic medalist in sailing, and the other was a major league pitcher. Neither of them are famous really, but very successful. I wouldn't have even known had they not been listed in my hometown's high school "notable alumni" section. While I was facebook friends with one of them back in my college days, we lost touch over the years.

But in college, I had Histroy 206 with a fella who's rather famous today. We were partners for a report, and I got to know him a bit. He was a good guy and we got along well. While I knew he played on the football team, he wasn't a big deal or anything, I think he mostly just played on the kickoff and return teams. Anyway, he got into coaching after college, and ended up winning the Super Bowl a few years back for the LA Rams.

There may be a few professors who have pages, but I ain't looking through all that.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Not sure if it counts, but I know Scott Reynolds of the band ALL. Played a few shows with him as an acoustic act.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Not sure if it counts, but I know Scott Reynolds of the band ALL. Played a few shows with him as an acoustic act.
That's cool, I'm a longtime Descendents fan. Whenever their singer has forced them to go on hiatus with college or his day job (biologist), the other guys play in All.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

First two went to my high school, played sports with either me or my older brothers. Billups is White's cousin and another muntual cousin of theirs married someone in my family.

EDIT: forgot one

My two older brothers played on teams with Calais and his brothers from youth through high school and I played on the teams as Calais' younger brothers.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I went to school with/casually knew a dude who became a James Beard award winning chef who definitely has a wiki entry. Also knew a chick who was the head cheerleader of a professional sports franchise for several years (no, I didn't fuck her... way out of my league and I had a girlfriend through most of high school).

My grandfather was a TV and commercial director for 40 years who did several things that people would know and has an IMDB entry. Don't think he has a Wiki entry though.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Used to have Ken Buck's cell saved as a contact. Not a bad guy as far as I know, but I mean, come, on.