Only in Ohio...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
While I was on break last night, my supervisor was telling us this hilarious story about one of our cashiers. I work at a grocery store, for those who don't know me. Anyway, this particular cashier owns a Chevy Blazer that recently had to have its air conditioning system replaced. He found out that it would cost him $1700 (allegedly) to have it fixed. Rather than doing that, he decided to instead have a window box air conditioner installed. I'm not kidding about this. His dad cut a huge hole in the car to fit the damn thing, wired up two car batteries with some sort of ac/dc power converter, and some bizzare ducting to make the damn thing work.

Just fucking unbelievable. I'm really hoping he's in tonight when I go in. I'm determined to get pics of this just so I can post it here. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this.

Jon

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Suddenly, the south doesn't look so bad.

Thanks.

aria

Former Moderator
Jon said:
Just fucking unbelievable. I'm really hoping he's in tonight when I go in. I'm determined to get pics of this just so I can post it here. I'd love to hear what you guys think about this.

I'm absolutely hoping you get pics. This is the sort of thing that would find its way on car and humor-related websites across the web.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I'm absolutely hoping you get pics. This is the sort of thing that would find its way on car and humor-related websites across the web.

Or in a conversion van.

If he installed a bed and a sink it would be understandable.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Jon said:
While I was on break last night, my supervisor was telling us this hilarious story about one of our cashiers. I work at a grocery store, for those who don't know me. Anyway, this particular cashier owns a Chevy Blazer that recently had to have its air conditioning system replaced. He found out that it would cost him $1700 (allegedly) to have it fixed. Rather than doing that, he decided to instead have a window box air conditioner installed. I'm not kidding about this. His dad cut a huge hole in the car to fit the damn thing, wired up two car batteries with some sort of ac/dc power converter, and some bizzare ducting to make the damn thing work.

Jon
Sorry to be a little off topic, but you're from Xenia? That's awesome. My parents lived in Huber Heights just after they graduated from the Air Force Academy and after living in New Hampshire and Colorado we moved back to Ohio to live in Beavercreek.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Jon said:

Jon

As a refrigeration mechanic, I laugh about the costs of converting the A/C systems of vehicles from R12 to R134a.

Mechanics spew about replacing the compressor and that's what drives the costs up when it's nothing of a sort.

Just change the filter drier, the rubber hoses and the compressor oil to synthetic. Then pump in the R134a.

Done in a matter of hours.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ha, I got that beat. For a couple of days there was a mini van parked at my work with a window AC unit where the back hatch was AND an 1850 watt portable generator mounted on the roof of the van powering it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd rather live in Ohio than Michigan...

That's all I have to say.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I have seen a few cars with window units gangster-rigged.

Alabama + no vehicle inspections = FTW

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Suddenly i'm not so ashamed to be from Mississippi.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
Suddenly i'm not so ashamed to be from Mississippi.
You shouldn't be ashamed to be from Mississippi in general.

Brett Favre is from there. :)

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
You shouldn't be ashamed to be from Mississippi in general.

Brett Favre is from there. :)
LOL are you fuckin serious? You think thats a good reason? Ironically he's from the Gulf Coast just like me. Yay what an honor. Did i mention i hate football.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
LOL are you fuckin serious? You think thats a good reason? Ironically he's from the Gulf Coast just like me. Yay what an honor. Did i mention i hate football.
He's one of my favorite players. Also, aren't you only like an hour away from New Orleans (I like the Hornets).

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
He's one of my favorite players. Also, aren't you only like an hour away from New Orleans (I like the Hornets).
yup around an hour sometimes more sometimes less depending on traffic and the popo.

why do you like people and teams from my awesomely wonderful area(so awesome that I moved to Europe)?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
yup around an hour sometimes more sometimes less depending on traffic and the popo.

why do you like people and teams from my awesomely wonderful area(so awesome that I moved to Europe)?
yeah spin's right, mississippi is a shithole man. it doesn't matter how you try to spin it place is a shithole. as is louisiana. and alabama too.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:

I just think it's cool to live that close to New Orleans. I would love to be able to go to Hornets and Saints games and am always up to go to Bourbon Street. :buttrock:

aria

Former Moderator
Kim _Kaphwan said:
yeah spin's right, mississippi is a shithole man. it doesn't matter how you try to spin it place is a shithole. as is louisiana. and alabama too.

New Orleans is the absolute exception, well, certain parts of New Orleans. In good weather and with ample finances. Caviar?

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I think he could've avoided the whole situation because it's going to get cold pretty soon and won't even need an A/C. Then during that 5 months or so he could've saved up for the repair.

But, it doesn't surprise me one bit.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
personally i would have just poked air holes in the car.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I live in Las Vegas where it gets to be a constant 100-115 degrees for like 3 months straight. I used to have a 1973 VW Beetle with no A/C for years, and the heat didn't kill me. Your co-worker is a pussy... and a hick.