Recent content by WNivek

1. WNivek

Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

To my eye, the filigree on the wall is easier to make out, and the gradient on the reflections on the metal door are rather less linear. Subtle changes, but it's not like they were going to completely rework the artwork; they're just taking advantage of a more capable color palette.
  2. WNivek

Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

It's hardly comprehensive, but the December 2020 update included a side-by-side comparison of the playfield graphics for the final stage
  3. WNivek

Post Your Recent Purchases!

It could be argued that I purchased these a year ago. However, since they've only just now arrived, I see no harm in posting them now:
  4. WNivek

Post Your Recent Purchases!

After something of a hiatus, I've recently added another couple of carts to my MVS collection. Thanks, MCF 76. :)
  5. WNivek

A pair of Puzzle de Pon! boots

I've come into possession of a pair of Puzzle de Pon! carts, which both appear - to my eye, at least - to be bootlegs. The boards don't match what MVS Scans shows for Puzzle de Pon!, they house a mix of UV-erasable and one-time-programmable chips, and the few mask roms are from other games...
  6. WNivek

Howdy, folks!

Figured I should probably drop a post in here, now that I'm capable of doing so. Hi, everyone. I've been interested in the Neo Geo for some time. I remember seeing the impressive red cabinets in arcades and other businesses, with often 2 or 4 different games and wondering - as a kid - just...