Recent content by Unstupid

1. U

My Bartop Neo Geo System...

No... It's way too shallow to fit the yoke. Would need to redesign to make it deeper. As far as the Haruman kit goes, I can't really speak to it since I haven't seen it in person, but by looking at the pictures I can tell you there is all kinds if wrong with his design! But hey, it's only...
  2. U

Thanks.... Yea the bartops are a few years old now. They are no longer slaves to each other. That was just an experiment to see if it could be done... Now, each one has its own MV1C inside and a game pad for player 2. In fact they are not even bartops anymore. I put mini pedestals under them...
  3. U

Replacement arcade sticks for NGX?

I'm working on building some custom arcade sticks (here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?243307) and was wondering If any of you fellow NeoGeoX owners would be interested on spending $175-$200 for an arcade stick that would work on your NGX? In other words, would you be willing to...
  4. U

Custom Sticks... For your consideration....

I'm just looking to gauge interest on some possible custom Neo/PC/PS3 sticks. I have built a couple of prototypes to test fit, finish, playability etc... I wanted to build a stick with the best parts and hardware available. So here is what I came up with: It may look like others ;), but...
  5. U

Describe the perfect arcade stick....

Am looking at building some arcade sticks to support an AES-CMVS and/or the NeoGeoX. If you were to build/buy one what would you put into it? What kind of button config would you use? What kind of buttons (Happ style, Japanese)? What kind of joystick? sloped control panel? Just curious! ;)
  6. U

What I wanted the Neo Geo X to be.....

My take on it:
  7. U

I just finished building a bartop Neo-Geo... I thought you guys might be interested in it:
  8. U

Slowdown in games?

I was playing Metal Slug X on a MV1C off of a 161-in-1 cart and I noticed the durring some parts of the game (with a lot of action) the game would slow down. Is this beacuse I'm booting off of a multicart or would this still happen if I had an original MVS cart? I have no unibios installed...
  9. U

Can I run a MV1C without 12v?

Just wondering if I can run a MV1C without a 12v connection. I'm just wondering what on the PCB needs 12v? The audio amp? I am picking off the line-level audio and sending it to an external amplifier. What will happen if I try and power it up with 5v only?
  10. U

WTB: League Bowling MVS

PM me if you gots one for sale!
  11. U

Can't find the SS SNK logo...

I'm building a mini cab and I'm tryingto do the artwork, but I can't find the SNK logo with the swishy SS in front of it anywhere on the internets. Using what I could find, and the limited set of skills that I have I spent a couple of hours recreating it. If I showed you this logo would you...
  12. U

I is new!

hi. I'm relatively new to these boards. I used to own an AES system back in 1990, sold it a year later and regretted it ever since. Am in the midst of building a bar top 1 slot mvs cab so I can relive the good old days!
  13. U

What do the speaker grills look like on a real MVS cab?

I'm building a small bartop sized 1 slot cab and I'm trying to figure out what to do about the speaker grills. I have less than 4" to work with so I'm probably going with some 3" speakers. Only problem is I can't find any grills that size? Can any one with a MVS cab take a pic of what the...
  14. U

Are the PCB's region coded?

Say I bought a MV1B from France, Mexico or Japan, would I be able to hook it up inside a USA NeoGeo cabinet and play the current US MVS carts?
  15. U

For those who have painted a cab...

Just wondering what is the preferred method of painting. Brush, Roller, Spray? I know the recommended color from Home Depot os Behr-Grenadine, but do I go with glossy, matte, semi gloss?