Recent content by tenfresh

1. tenfresh

Big Red refurbish process gallery.

Yeah, I'm thinking to have this screen lockup vinyl cut a little larger than the current "neo geo" for the sides:
  2. tenfresh

Big Red refurbish process gallery.

Finally finished the process gallery for a refurbish of my big red that's been about a decade in the making. I took some liberties with the look, aspiring for 'big red all grown up': https://imgur.com/a/ss22O And in an effort to get the most use out of the big guy I also went all-in on making...
  3. tenfresh

ISO Ninja Masters English Moves Strip

Anyone have a link for a decent image of the Ninja Masters moves strip sticker? Or have a physical one they'd be kind enough to scan or even photograph flat halfway decently? Thanks! Best image I've found online for reference: https://www.neostore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/802-2.jpg
  4. tenfresh

Digitized a Samurai Spirits 2 'Tips & Tricks' VHS Tape

I've told youtube that the video language is Japanese so it can auto-generation captions. Click 'CC' to turn on captions and in the setting gear next to it you can select auto translation to English. It's effen hilarious.
  5. tenfresh

Digitized a Samurai Spirits 2 'Tips & Tricks' VHS Tape

I bought this VHS in the clearance bin of a movie rental shop in Japan in 1997. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_qRlpwSO8 Finally got around to digitizing it. Nice that it feature extensive voiceover from the original voice actors, and at the very end it has the TV commercial for the CD...
  6. tenfresh

I just listed a Metal Slug 5 MVS kit on ebay.

Link here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201808464507 Would be willing to consider ending early to sell to a member of the community; shout me if interested and we can probably work something out.
  7. tenfresh

BALEETED!

BALEETED!
  8. tenfresh

SSII "suggested procedures for optimum earnings" pink slip

Somehow I never noticed this in my SSII kit. Anyone know if this was included in all SSII kits or added later? A fun find. It strikes me as oddly sterile language for them to use on vendors. TL;DR: "This is a good game! Charge more money for it and put it in a good spot and it will do real good!"
  9. tenfresh

Our Sengoku t-shirts

My wife's nephew and I enjoy playing neo-geo when he visits. The ridiculous engrish cracks us up, and we sometimes riff nicknames for the characters. For his birthday I printed us matching t-shirts with the names he came up with for the guys in Sengoku.
  10. tenfresh

Anyone added external volume control to their mvs cab?

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got that volume dial installed! I was about to created the circuit you outlined by Apocalypse when I came across another less invasive option. Which was to use this specialty item called and L-Pad Attenuator, intended for us in auto audio...
  11. tenfresh

161-in-1 Cart game list mini marquees

I designed these marquees for my MVS, based on a spreadsheet list I created of the 161-in-1 games with all the duplicates and hacks filtered out. Definitely makes scanning for something to play and finding what you're looking for a breeze! These are laminated test cards in the photo, Having...
  12. tenfresh

Hey man, do you know off hand which leg of the on-board slider-pot is the one to insert the switch between? I confess haven't gotten around to popping the board out yet to take a close look at what goes to the audio IC — was oping to be sure I have all the proper parts on hand first!
  13. tenfresh

I'm chewing on how to best accomplish this and would love to hear how others approached it. One idea was to extend all the connections from the slider on the board and remount in a new slot I cut in the front of the cabinet for the slider. But that seems excessive...
  14. tenfresh

Marquee light panels wiring question.

Finally dug in and figured this out myself! Bought the panels form glowhut and found that if you simple wire all of them to the contacts for panel one (from all I read and can tell there's no polarity so doesn't matter which goest to which), and then solder little jumpers between the two...
  15. tenfresh

Marquee light panels wiring question.

I thought I throw this question out there before I start taking things apart and frying my components. :D I'm planning to replace the marquee light panels in my 4-slot with the ones from glowhut. I occurred to me that, while I'm at it, I'd love it if all 4 light panels were lit when the cab is...