Recent content by steve8091

1. steve8091

Metal Slug Boot or Not?

One of the boards looks identical to the scan, but the other is in a slightly different arrangement. Thoughts?
  2. steve8091

My Neo Driftout and Puzzle de Pon - real or boots?

I picked up a 2-slot cabinet that had both of these carts pre-installed, and I figured it was time that I consult with the experts to find out whether or not they are the real thing. I'd appreciate your thoughts - let me know if any other pics are needed.
  3. steve8091

Molex vs. Amp 0.156" Pins, non-standard pin?

All, I recently acquired a JAMMA cabinet, a custom cab with Primal Rage installed. It did not, however, have a test switch, and the JAMMA harness at the test location was empty, so I bought new pins. I bought a few of the "standard" 0.156" Molex pins, and while they do the trick, they don't...
  4. steve8091

Problems with 138-in-1 multicart

I was ecstatic to find that my multicart arrived from Hong Kong today, but very quickly disappointed when I plugged it in. I have a 2-slot MVS, and because of the short length of cable between the cart and the attached board, it only fits in the slot closest the edge connector (slot 1). The...
  5. steve8091

Should I buy this?

I'm a n00b when it comes to arcade games and repairs. In poking around on craigslist, I found this about 5 miles from my house: http://appleton.craigslist.org/vgm/2795561568.html The price is right, though a quick Google search for flybacks yields some expensive results. I also presume that...
  6. steve8091

N00b with newly acquired MVS conversion - help me identify the cabinet?

Hey, I'm an avid retro-gamer but new to both Neo Geo (outside of hitting it at the arcade as a kid) and to stand-up cabinets. I was put in touch with an amusement company by a friend, and I found out that they had a "Neo Geo" (I hadn't seen it yet). I started investigating, learned about the...
  7. steve8091

Neo Driftout: New Technology MVS Mini-Marquee Scan?

I'm having trouble finding a decent resolution scan of this mini marquee. Anyone know of or have one?
  8. steve8091

WTB: Neo Geo MVS Multicart

Would strongly prefer a 138-in-1, but am interested in anything 120 or higher if the price is right. I will send immediate payment.