Recent content by Spicules

1. S

Punch Mania - Konami 573 - RTC Error - Help with replacing chip

So I recently got a punch mania that has a RTC error and one of the motors is burned out. From looking online, it looks like I'll need to replace the M48T58Y-70PC1 chip (socket it upon replacement). I also read that I can hold the test button down as the system boots up and it will write to...
  2. S

MV1B MVS - ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION 200000C0 (Unibios 3.2)

So I installed a biosmasta and replaced my battery, and faulty backup ram chips on my m1vb. Things were working great for a bout a week or so. Now, I get this error! UGH! Anybody know what this could be?
  3. S

MV1B - Dip Switches do not work?

I have a MV1B that had backup ram errors. Replaced the backup ram, and battery and the thing is working fine. EXCEPT... The DIP switches don't seem to work. I cant enter test mode, and dip-7 (free play) is set to ON, even if I turn it off. I checked with a multimeter - switching them does...
  4. S

MV1C - Works with older games; others like metal slug reset constantly?

It has the stock bios. I have cleaned, and re-cleaned, and re-cleaned with a contact-cleaner spray and inserting the cart. I really don't think its a dirty slot. The board is pretty clean now too. One thing that is weird is that it will sometimes boot the newer games, but some of the...
  5. S

MV1C - Works with older games; others like metal slug reset constantly?

MV1C - ONE SLOT: __________________________________________ This board one resets with certain games; others - works fine. I see this with my 161-1 ; and my only other MVS cart (Metal Slug X) Metal Slug X - resets upon booting to title screen. Many of the old games on the 161-1 work fine...
  6. S

MV2F - BACKUP RAM ERROR 0000 0055 (was 5555 B255 before battery replace)

Backup RAM error 5555 B255 was what I started with, with a dead battery, and a little corrosion on the terminals. I replaced that battery, and now I get, "WRITE 0000 READ 0055" I was told to look at channelmaniacs posts, and look to the connections between rams and the CPU in resolving this...