Recent content by SmokeMonster

1. SmokeMonster

Looking for better picture from CDZ, would this work?

I agree with all of the comments here. I also have that same CVS287 Scart RGB-to-Component converter and am a huge fan of it. I messed with lots of cheap converters (GBS-8200, Scart-to-HDMI, etc) before finding it, and it is in another league entirely. No lag or filtering at all. Definitely the...
  2. SmokeMonster

Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo Released: Slowdown Reduction Patched

I mentioned this in the MS2 Slowdown Reduction thread but it really deserves its own thread. Raz was able to apply system11's MVS/AES eprom patch to Metal Slug 2 CD and has made it publicly available. Here's the release thread with more info, and here is a direct link so you don't have to...
  3. SmokeMonster

MUSHA Composer (Toshiaki Sakoda) to visit the US

Very cool that you're meeting the man behind MUSHA. Here's a custom Genesis music player for MUSHA that I made for the Genesis VGM Music Project, which is a project with the goal of honoring and bringing attention to the great VGM composers like Sakoda. The players open as a stand-alone music...
  4. SmokeMonster

CPS2 - Important information to anyone using the hardware.

I get GOOD (1EAE, 1EAF) for every test on my CPS2 Multi, regardless of high or low voltage. I tested at 4.8V and 5.08V (20 minutes at 4.8V, 1 hour at 5.08V). Multi CPS2: Latest Revision with the new sound fix by Mitsu B-Board: Marvel vs Street Fighter (Revision 6, G-pal) PSU: Happ Power Pro...
  5. SmokeMonster

Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

I compiled a full list using the Aliexpress ad images. Here's a searchable PDF of it too.
  6. SmokeMonster

Neo Geo CDZ - No Video Output

I picked up a CDZ that has no video output. Its RGB is detected and switched to by my scaler but it just produces a black screen. Composite does nothing at all. From what I've read, bad video can be related to CXA1645. Is this likely the case with mine?
  7. SmokeMonster

FS: Eprom Burning Services

Thanks for burning me a $1 STV Multi-Bios! I finally got to fire her up today.
  8. SmokeMonster

Gone: FREE MSH vs SF CPS-2 Original Front Label

Update: This has been claimed by ElectricGrave :D I used a hair dryer to remove the label from my suicided multi-cart donor, and it came right off. I thought that I would have trashed it in the process, so instead of tossing it I stuck it to label paper and put it aside for someone. It's free...
  9. SmokeMonster

WTB: Darksoft STV Multi-cart

Please PM me if you have a Darksoft STV multi for sale. I'd like to spend around $150, and I'm in the US.
  10. SmokeMonster

What case is used for this C-MVS?

Is this case available to order anywhere? It's from an overpriced eBay listing:
  11. SmokeMonster

FOUND: CPS2 Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2 & 3

These have been found, thank.
  12. SmokeMonster

SNES Mini Rgb mod

I ordered this 5v to 9v DC-DC converter and am going to add it to my Scart/Component converter with a switch for 5v/9v ratio control. It's a bit more expensive at $4, but is a strict 9V output.
  13. SmokeMonster

WTB: MAK Strike Supergun

Please PM me if you have a MAK Strike for sale. I'm in the US.
  14. SmokeMonster

Found: 1 CPS-2 Clip

Please PM me if you have a single CPS-2 black metal clip for sale. My A board only came with one and I'm getting graphical problems from too loose of a connection between A and B boards. update: I found one, thanks for the help guys!
  15. SmokeMonster

SOLD: Jamma-2-MVS Adapter $26 - jammaboards.com version

Update: This is sold. Xian Xi graciously sold me a new jammaboards Jamma-2-MVS adapter for $26 shipped, but it turns out that I don't need it. I'll pass it on to someone for the same price. SOLD