Recent content by Sigmund

1. S

Dying 2 Slot MVS - Help!

Hey guys, I have a trusty old 2-slot MVS cabinet that has become significantly less trusty. Over the years, I've had issues off and on with some carts not working correctly, or only working in one of the slots. It hasn't been consistent with carts or slots, but sometimes the games would power...
  2. S

Can I get some references?

Hey guys. I'm trying to sell my Jap KoF'98 AES, and I've been asked to provide some references. I know I haven't done tons of deals through these forums, but I know everyone I've dealt with has had a smooth deal. So...can anyone show me some love? Please? Sigmund ----------- Great...
  3. S

SOLD - Japanese KoF '98 AES in Mint Condition

This item has been sold, pending final payment. Thanks for all the interest! Hey guys. I hate to do this, but I'm going to unload some AES stuff to help feed my MVS habit. I'm selling my mint condition Japanese King of Fighters '98. It still contains the original instructions, art book...
  4. S

MVS Button Question

Hey guys. I'm finalizing an order for some replacement buttons for my MVS cabinet, and I wanted to clear something up. I know the four action buttons are red, yellow, green, and blue, but I want to know exactly what the 3 start and select buttons are. Are they just white buttons? Do two of...
  5. S

Best Puzzle Game for MVS?

Since you guys all gave me such good feedback in my "Shooters" thread, I thought I'd fire off a similar thread on puzzle games. This one...is a bit more important. Fighters and shooters, that's for the guys. Puzzle games... Now that's what my wife likes to play. She has only played one...
  6. S

Best Replacement Buttons for MVS?

Hey guys. I'd like to replace the buttons on my MVS cabinet. Most of them are just fine, but one or two of them are a little bit sticky. Like, if you try to rapidly tap the button, every now and then it'll stick in the down position. Very annoying... My question is this... What's the best...
  7. S

Best Shooter for MVS?

I know I'm probably opening a can of worms, but I figured I'd throw this one out there. I'm trying to build up my MVS collection now, and I want to get a couple shooters. Sooooo... What's the best shooter on the Neo Geo? I've been tempted to pick up Pulstar, or Blazing Star, but I thought...
  8. S

Need Help Cleaning a 2-Slot MVS

Hey guys. I just my 2-slot MVS cab a couple weeks ago, and I've been having a ton of fun with it. But, I think I need to do some cleaning. When I got the cab, I got 12 games with it. Almost all of them worked perfectly, but 3 of them had graphical glitches, or garbled sound. I cleaned them...
  9. S

SF2:CE/Capcom CPS1 and CPS2 Question

Hey guys. Recently, I bought a 2-slot MVS cabinet from a local arcade operator. It's in decent shape, plays great, and I'm loving it. Now, since I actually followed through with this guy and bought the cabinet, and didn't load him down with tons of support problems, he's started calling me...
  10. S

Neo Geo in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hey guys. I've been debating whether or not to post this article, but I figured some of you would get a kick out of it. I was interviewed for an article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about adult gamers, called <a href="http://www.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/20030909video0909fnp3.asp"...
  11. S

WTB: Samurai Shodown II MVS - FOUND!

Found myself a copy of SamSho2 (and 3!) from <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=012609" target="_blank">300wins.</a> Lots of good MVS stuff for sale there. Sigmund <small>[ September 11, 2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Sigmund ]</small>
  12. S

WTB: 4-slot MVS Board and Marquee

I know I'm not the only person looking for a 4-slot MVS board, but I thought it'd be worth getting my wishes out there too. wink But, I'm trying to find a 4-slot MVS board to convert my 2-slot cabinet into a 4-slot I'm also looking for a 4-slot marquee, to make the conversion almost...
  13. S

MVS 2-slot to 4-slot Conversion?

Hey guys. I recently got myself a 2-slot MVS cabinet from a local arcade vendor. The thing is, I really wanted a 4-slot cabinet. He had one 4-slot, but the screen was in really bad shape, and the board had no sound. So...I went with the 2-slot. But, I was wondering how hard it would be to...
  14. S

WTB: MVS Games and Extras

Hey guys. I just got my 2 slot MVS cabinet today. I got it with a bunch of used games from an arcade vendor, and I wanted to flesh out my collection a bit, and get some extras for the some of the incomplete games I got. Here's some of what I need, if anyone is selling... I want all games as...
  15. S

Wanted: Shock Boxes

Hey guys. I'm in the process of buying a 2 slot MVS cabinet from a local arcade operator. He's throwing in about 10 games or so as part of the deal for me. The only problem is that the game boxes are in pretty sad shape. I'd like to get some shock boxes to make them into nice, displayable...