Recent content by Painaxl

1. P

FS/FT: Working Xbox with an Issue and extras *SOLD*

This Xbox was used with the AUF:007 softmod but after I tried tto restore it to retail via Slayers to trade it in, I get an error:13 on the dashboard. It still plays retail games, and the harddrive still works, just can't get the dash to work. I've still got the box and all the papers to go...
  2. P

Bootleg FAQ?

[Sorry about the cross-post, but the suggestions category doesn't seem to be read that much] Allright, so I've been around this board for only a few months and one thing that comes up alot, especially recently, are bootleg carts. I was thinking, what if someone would write a FAQ or a guide on...
  3. P

Bootleg FAQ

With all the hubub going around about bootlegs (especially recently), I think a how to check for a bootleg/how to tell your cart is original FAQ would be an excellent idea. The what to do about scamming one is very helpful. Something like this for bootlegs would make a lot of sense. Just a...
  4. P

Soldering/Desoldering Frustration (Help Needed!)

Hi all, Allright, so I've got a MV-1F with the VRAM error that indicates that they both need to be replaced. I've also got a monitor that really needs a cap kit (WGk7906). After being told that soldering was easy once you got the hang of it, I picked up some supplies. An iron, desoldering...
  5. P

Power Supply Question

Allright, so as I mentioned in a previous post, I'm replacing the video RAM's that are blown in my MV-1F. I've heard that this problem is caused by a power spike (makes sense). Anyhow, I just bought this board, so the spike didn't happen with my system, but even while this error's going on...
  6. P

Question about replacement chips

I just bought a MV-1F MVS board which gets the Video Ram 8000 error. I know I need to replace the two fast ram chips, but I don't know where to find them. Everywhere that findchips.com says that they have them won't sell to an individual and I have no clue where to go. Also, Nightmare Tony...