Recent content by MtothaJ

1. M

Firearm enthusiast thread

I am in Poland - so firearms rules are different (i.e. still stupid but in different ways 😉). Autosear hole does not light up any red lights in terms of regulations over here.
  2. M

As part of 'getting ready to give uncle putin a warm welcome should he decide to visit' I picked up today something I wanted for a very long time - original Colt M16A1: Mechanically in very good condition, aesthetically it needs a little bit of work (but not all that much) - delta ring is...
  3. M

FS: NEC PCE Supergrafx | RGB mod | recapped |

NEC PCE Supergrafx console for sale: - RGB modded - recapped Includes: - controller - RGB Scart cable - PSU (240V) - Krikzz Turbo Everdrive Asking 500 EUR for the lot, PayPal gift or +4%.
  4. M

[FS] 11x MVS cart set | clean ENG labels | EU shipping

Pictured set of MVS carts for sale: Games: - Nam-1975 - Wind Jammers - Puzzle de Pon / R - Tecmo World Soccer 96 - Neo Turf Masters - Super Sidekicks 2 - Mutation Nation (+ mini marquee) - Shock Troopers - King of Fighters 98 - Metal Slug - Art of Fighting All carts are legit, clean...
  5. M

I took the plunge and overall pretty happy. I am in Poland and cheaper AR15 options are not that abundant - in terms of rifles we mainly rock AKs / Beryl / Tantal - but the local dealer is pretty awesome in terms of customer service. Mine had a bad hammer spring - got replaced within one hour of...
  6. M

EPROM inserted wrong way | Mega CD 2 bios

What is your experience as regards to inserting an EPROM the wrong way into the socket - does it always result in instant death for the EPROM? The EPROM is a n AT27C1024 for Mega CD 2 region free bios. After getting rid of the old bios and installing a bios socket I dicked up and put the bios...
  7. M

Overclocking the 68k

That adjustable oscillator is pretty cool, will use it for MVS and had I known it exists I would have used it for the Mega Drive. As for the Megadrive I used two additional oscillators and a switch with three positions for a selectable stock / 10MHz / 13MHz: It looks like 10Mhz is the sweet...
  8. M

Going to London! Looking for arcade related stuff.

Went to London for a few days about a month ago and was focused on pretty much the same - finding some retro video game related bargains. As was already mentioned the CEX places are worth a visit - there is pretty much one on every high street. I also by chance stumbled upon this place in...
  9. M

MVS capacitor desoldering

In all honesty, a decent iron and some soldering braid is all that's needed to replace the caps on MVS. This is all that I used, no pads lifted, no damage to the board and traces: I managed to return that pos WEP soldering station and this time I will shell out a bit more and buy something...
  10. M

Genesis 2: power on = black screen

Its fixed! Its fixed! HMG's hunch about it being the oscillator was right. I desoldered one from a junk VA 1.8 PAL board and replaced the stock one on the VA 2.3 USA board and the machine fired right up. Below a pic of the VA 2.3 USA board with the oscillator replaced for the 'tin can'...
  11. M

Genesis 2: power on = black screen

Picked up a Sega Genesis Model 2 with a 'VA 2.3 USA' board. The problem at hand is a black screen on power on both composite and RGB (official Sega RGB cable). Diagnosis so far: - receives power upon power on, voltage regulator functioning ok - caps looking good - traces to cart slot fine...
  12. M

Clean Mod Work Thread!

Recapping saga continues: - Mega Drive HDG VA4 - SNES Mini For the Mega Drive I also recapped the PSU and the "Adapteur R.V.B." official Sega Scart cable box. Maybe its placebo but the sound on the MD seems much improved - bass hits hard. On the SNES seems like the image is a tad...
  13. M

MVS capacitor desoldering

I took a first attempt at replacing the caps on my MV-1FZ board today and am having a real hard time desoldering the old caps. For the first try I chose a remote cap near the JAMMA edge with little in the way of components in its proximity - basically its a no go, whatever I try I cannot get...
  14. M

NES to PCE controller adapter?

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/nes-to-pc-engine-controller-mod/ Have not tested the above so can't say whether it works for sure. PCE 2-button controller schematic: Tried to make this circuit minus the turbo functionality for a pad hack to an arcade stick (DB15 / NG standard) but did not...
  15. M

Sega Mega Drive / Genesis OEM PSUs - capacitor failures

Caps arrived today so replaced the caps in the 3 PSUs: Happy to report that the ripple / interference is now gone. As for the Trio I see little point now that the caps have been replaced. That and its a switching PSU while the OG ones are linear / coil ones. As for the caps - the stock...