Recent content by mourix

1. mourix

Neo Geo MV2F crosshatch of death: is this a broken NEO-E0?

I am trying to repair an MV2F board that won't load any game. It boots straight to the crosshatch test. The unibios memory viewer recognizes activity on the slots, but it will not boot anything. I probed Prog slot pin B5-B23 which should be the A-bus for PROM1. It showed activity at all pins...
  2. mourix

Konami Sunset riders

The pcb shows you need to put in 5KΩ potmeters. Some piher or kemet pots will do just fine. You do have to measure the pin pitch with a ruler. Once you know these 2 distances you can order the right one.
  3. mourix

Hantarex US250 power supply squealing

This is a follow up to my previous thread about my Electrocoin 6-slot Neo Geo in distress. My MV6 board now boots and works with 3/6 slots. The Hantarex US250 power supply power supply turned out to be a pain though. The US 250 supply previously made a high pitched whining sound and didn't give...
  4. mourix

MV-6 intermittent calendar error

My 6-slot Neo Geo had been in storage for years. Before powering it on, I resoldered the PSU and inspected the pcb. Unfortunately the battery had leaked so I removed it and cleaned the area with vinegar. The damage had been done, see the attached pics of the board. When I powered on the cabinet...