Recent content by mjs256

1. mjs256

32.768 kHz or MHz?

I have noticed that on older Neo Geo MVS motherboards (the MV-1 for example) the 4990A calendar/clock IC is connected to a 32.768kHz crystal, while newer boards (the MV-1F for example) also use that same 4990A IC, but the silkscreen on the board says the crystal is 32.768MHz. I looked at a...
  2. mjs256

Spare NEO-F0 and NEO-D0 needed

Does anyone have a spare NEO-F0 or NEO-D0 custom IC on hand (or a parts board with those) that they would be willing to sell me for a reasonable price? Thanks.
  3. mjs256

SNKP USA appoints new president

According to the SNKP USA website, a new president has been appointed to manage the USA branch of the company. I don't know what is left of the USA branch, and I doubt that the USA branch has much influence over any "real" decisions made by SNKPJ, but nonetheless maybe the new president will try...
  4. mjs256

mjs256's sales thread. Now featuring: MVS Metal Slug 2

Hi everyone, I have been buying things here on the forum for some time now, but this is my first time selling anything. I actually have a handful of things to sell, but I am *extremely* busy these days, so instead of listing them all and providing sub-standard service, I will be selling them one...
  5. mjs256

2012 Holiday Contest

Hi everyone, I am having another contest this year. This year's contest is similar to the previous one, but instead of identifying games based on images of playable characters, this year it will be audio samples. The winner will receive their choice of one of four figurines. Don't get too...
  6. mjs256

Return of the North American Wii Virtual Console?

As many of you have probably noticed, from about September 2011 to about March 2012, the North American region for the Wii Virtual Console was quite uneventful. Completely uneventful in fact - there were no releases at all! Not even some garbage releases to make people still think they still...
  7. mjs256

Dead Neo memory card needed

Hi Everyone, I am working on a project that will hopefully give new life to old memory cards with dead internal batteries. Does anyone have a memory card like this that they would be willing to donate (or sell for a reasonable price) to the cause? Thanks!
  8. mjs256

2011 Holiday Contest

Hi everyone, In an effort to spread a little holiday cheer this season, I am having a contest. The winner will recieve a brand new, in the box figurine of the lovely Mai Shiranui from the King of Fighters series. The figurine is actually quite large, standing at about 10.5 inches (26.5 cm)...