Recent content by Larrs888

1. Larrs888

Post Your Recent Purchases!

New Dreamcast shell for the eventual DC Digital / Modes project. I still need another DC to go inside as my main one is in too good condition to mod, so I want to keep that one stock. I do also have the 8-bit MD style VMU to go with the whole Mega Drive theme but that's boxed up at the moment.
  2. Larrs888

It has been a while since my last MVS pickup and whilst I usual prefer original labels the price was right with this one. Besides I hardly ever see a clean label FFS due to it being an earlier non-glossy label release. I managed to get some nice A4 sticker paper and did this on my laser printer...
  3. Larrs888

Something from Amazon Japan to compliment my MegaEverdrive X5 :)
  4. Larrs888

A few recent pickups, finally a nice boxed contra that was a decent price. I got the Hyperkin Cadet new for only £5.00, not a bad controller but I decided swap out the d-pad with a red one. Looking forward to trying the new Unibios out over the weekend.
  5. Larrs888

I sold off my childhood NES a few years back mainly due to it being in the PAL format, 50 Hz black borders etc. However since picking up the NES Classic I have had the itch to get some real NES hardware again. In the end I decided on the AV Famicom and I was lucky enough to snag this almost NOS...
  6. Larrs888

Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

Not the best quality but I saved the thumbnail from a while back (although original image was taken down). I really need a new scart cable, the one I have that came with the system is really thin, I get a lot of audio noise/buzzing during gameplay and it gets even worse when hooked up to a...
  7. Larrs888

Game Boy Backlight Mod - Bubbles under the screen

Hi all, I purchased this modded original Game Boy sometime ago and initially the screen was fine but gradually it seems the polarising film has lost its adheasion to the glass panel of the screen and now you can see what look like air bubbles. To start with it was very minor but got...
  8. Larrs888

Game boy Ballers post here

Hi all, Here is my Game Boy collection, most of the games are mine from when I was a kid with only a couple more recent pickups. The guts of the console are from my original childhood Game Boy but since the case had yellowed badly I opted for a new shell and backlight mod. Sadly all my...
  9. Larrs888

It has been a while since I treated myself to some retro gaming goodness so here is this months haul:
  10. Larrs888

Got myself some of the new style neomini boxes, I love the new design! Incidentally this is all of my MVS games. A small but good collection and I enjoy all of the games. All I really want is Garou and perhaps FFS and I'm done.
  11. Larrs888

Giveaway - Robo Army MVS Kit Box (UK only)

Hi all, I have a loose Robo Army MVS kit box (original), I got it with along with other games ages ago and have no need for it. I can't bring myself to just throw it as it is a little piece of neo history. If anyone has the game and wants the original operator kit box I am happy to give it to...
  12. Larrs888

I've been after an Arcade Stick for a while after having sold my last one a little while ago, so I decided to pick up this HORI RAP 4 Kai White Edition from Arcade Shock. I've been using it with the new Brook Converter with my Neo and its fantastic!
  13. Larrs888

Offical Omega CMVS Tech Support Thread

I have had a look and sadly I don't see anything for voltage adjustment on the PSU board or PCB that connects to the JAMMA edge. Here the PSU that is inside the Omega - Mean Well seems to be the brand. Do you know what might cause it to lose the voltage after only two and a half years?
  14. Larrs888

Brook PS3/PS4 USB to Neo Geo converter first impressions.

I pre-ordered one of these and it arrived a couple of days ago. I have yet to test mine out on a stick but it worked fine wth my Dual Shock 4 controller. I also tested it out with a wireless madcatz ps3 street fighter IV fight-pad but it worked intermittently and had loads of input lag for those...
  15. Larrs888

I completely forgot I pre-ordered this back in July until I got an email from Amazon the other day, I'm so glad I did since it is sold out everywhere and scalpers are having a field day at the moment. Sadly Amazon didn't have the spare controllers up at the time so I will have to wait until they...