jro's latest activity

• jro
    jro replied to the thread Souls-likes.
    Nuh uh. It's basically DS1 with better level design and Bloodborne mechanics. re: DS2 SotFS - I do really want to pick my last...
  • jro
    jro reacted to Lagduf's post in the thread Souls-likes with Like Like.
    There is definitely a subset of Souls players who seem to enjoy an absolutely punishing difficulty that only the most skilled of players...
  • jro
    jro reacted to Tung Fu ru's post in the thread Souls-likes with keke keke.
    Get gud
  • jro
    jro reacted to SML's post in the thread Souls-likes with keke keke.
    It’s too fuckin hard :annoyed:
  • jro
    jro reacted to SML's post in the thread Souls-likes with Like Like.
    It's a good game with some quirks and weird decisions. The second time through the oddest element is the doors. Like the stonesword keys...
  • jro
    jro reacted to Average Joe's post in the thread Souls-likes with Like Like.
    DS2 is still a near complete mystery me. I've never owned or played it and seen very little of its gameplay. All I really know is that...
  • jro
    jro reacted to Lagduf's post in the thread Souls-likes with Like Like.
    I really want to give Dark Souls 2 a replay. I think I got through about half of it in 2014 but 2013-2015 was a time I wasn’t doing much...
  • jro
    jro reacted to SML's post in the thread Souls-likes with Haha Haha.
    I jumped back over to Dark Souls 2 before I try to tackle the DLC this time. (I already made it past the Sanctuary Guardian, but my...
  • jro
    Fuck me I think I confused the ideas from Sheitan and Frontier(s). Frontier(s) needlessly adds a cannibal family (Texas Chainsaw) scope...
  • jro
    Finished up my run of what I consider to be the mainline New French Extremity (I am intentionally leaving out Irreversible since I don't...
  • jro
    jro replied to the thread Yakuza (Series).
    I finished Infinite Wealth a few weeks ago. Took me right around 60 hours for a NG playthrough, so definitely the longest game in the...
  • jro
    Shogun is easily the best show on tv right now and at least somewhat into the recent past. The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Lived is...
  • jro
    jro replied to the thread Souls-likes.
    I used the ol' Moonveil my first time around on PS5 then started a new playthrough on PC aiming to go for Rivers of Blood but I just got...
  • jro
    jro reacted to SML's post in the thread Souls-likes with Like Like.
    After six years of waiting for it to sell for more than 50% off, I caved in and bought the Dark Souls remaster. I ended up spending last...
  • jro
    The Wailing- South Korean horror from the writer/director of The Chaser and The Yellow Sea. This was excellent and worth sitting through...