Recent content by joemagiera

1. J

Pic of 27 NEO-GEO MVS marquee inserts

I'm getting ready to offer up my NEO-GEO MVS carts for sale. I was too lazy to take individual pics of each of the marquee insert mini-translites, so I took just one group pic. Just throwing it up here as I thought is was a nice pic and people might like to see it. edited: changed from...
  2. J

NAM-1975 possible alternate version found?

I picked up a bunch of MVS carts recently and I’ve finally got a test set up for them. First game I tested is NAM-1975. I have two carts of this title. One appears to match MAME exactly. The other has a weird sound problem. But also interesting on the one with bad sound, it appears to have...
  3. J

How to verify authentic MVS carts?

I'd like to sell some SNK NEO-GEO MVS carts I picked up, but I had some people asking me if they were authentic. I know how to spot a bootleg on regular PCBs, but I have no MVS experience at all. How can I verify if a cart is authentic or not? What to look for as a tell-tale sign, one way or...
  4. J

NEO-GEO MVS cartridge collection

Got a small operator buy and acquired a bunch of NEO-GEO MVS cartridges in the process. I also got one motherboard to plug them in and test. A repair buddy of mine just got that fixed, so it is in the mail on the way back to me and then I'll be able to test these. There is one cartridge...
  5. J

Looking for SNK/NEO custom ICs

Please see attached pic. If you might have any of the circled IC's (a few IC's besides the SNK customs), I'd sure be interested in buying. Willing to buy junk boards if they have the IC's I'm looking for. They are from a SNK NEO-MVH MV1FZS M1BBV PCB. It's the motherboard for inserting MVS...
  6. J

NEO MVS & MAME

I have a NEO-MVH MV1FZS M1BBV PCB. Can anyone tell me what is the name of the MAME ROMset that would have the ROMs for this PCB? (Note to anyone policing ROMs, I'm NOT asking for any ROM images, just the name of the MAME ROMset). Thanks, Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)...
  7. J

NEO MVS mother board calendar error please help

I have a NEO-MVH MV1FZS M1BBV PCB. I get the dreaded "CALENDAR ERROR". I did some research here and on the 'net in general. There is absolutely no battery acid leakage damage to the PCB. I swapped out the battery and I know the recharging part of the circuit is working, as the battery I...