Recent content by jamie666

1. jamie666

Looking for Neo Geo MVS board repair help in the UK......

Just anupdate to this thread. Sent the board away and had it fully repaired and recapped. Now works perfectly again. Thanks all for the help.
  2. jamie666

Thank you for the reply. I'll check those but am going to send the board away for repair from someone that know more than me regarding working on these.
  3. jamie666

I think I have all hardware tests disabled anyway but I can't remember. I swapped back to the original bios to see if anything different happend on boot and that's when I got the green screen. I have found a company here in the UK and may send the machine off to them as I also want the psu...
  4. jamie666

Hi Naki thanks for the reply. I have reached out to a few places in the UK for repair and am waiting on replys. Ideally looking for a company that can collect the machine and fully service it for me. I would like the board repaired. PSU either replaced with a modern supply or gone over as well...
  5. jamie666

Well gave it a go and no luck. However upon testing after cleaning I did one time get past the click of death to a white screen so not sure what the means with a unibios 4.0?
  6. jamie666

MVS 1 Slot question

Thanks Alec for your help. I'll have a look for one of the earlyer boards that you suggested as I want to have a spare anyway. I'll keep investigating the 6 slot as was working when I installed a new battery. As soon as I removed the battery and all solder from the holes it gives me the click of...
  7. jamie666

Thanks for the advice. Am I just looking for broken traces and seeing if the positive and negative points are connected correctly? Basically I removed the battery, it damaged the board mask. I then cleaned and installed a new battery and everything worked even with the damaged solder mask...
  8. jamie666

I have given it a good clean with vinegar and IPA. Not really too sure how to test it. I do have a multimeter if anyone can possibly help me to diagnose.
  9. jamie666

Hi all. I have a UK dedicated Electrocoin 6 slot machine. Machine was working but I decided to remove the battery as that's recommend. When I removed it the battery had leaked and unfortunately took up some of the solder mask of the board with it. I have cleaned with white vinager and IPA and...
  10. jamie666

MVS 1 Slot question

Hi all I have a 6 slot motherboard that has had battery leakage and now I get the click of death. I want to swap it out for a MVS 1 slot so then at least I can still use the machine. Can I simply straight swap a 1 slot into a dedicated Electrocoin 6 slot cab or do I need a specific 1 slot...
  11. jamie666

Electrocoin Neo Geo MVS

I have had two six slot cabs and to be honest they are not too bad. You have to absolutely clean the slots out really really well and also the cartridges. After that I very rarely have any issues. Now and then I'll have to remove, clean and reseat a cart but that's it. The only other thing is...
  12. jamie666

Electrocoin Neo Geo MVS

Yes correct. I currently run a 161in1 with the unibios 4.0 so I can use the Pick n Mix feature.
  13. jamie666

Electrocoin Neo Geo MVS

In the UK I believe Electrocoin produced two dedicated Neo Geo MVS machines, the one I have in the pics (5 row marquee) and a slightly larger one with a marquee that has 6 games. (3 at the top and another 3 below) My machine displays 5 games but comes with a 6 slot board and the other one the...
  14. jamie666

Electrocoin Neo Geo MVS

I think there is one for sale at the moment on ebay 👍
  15. jamie666

Electrocoin Neo Geo MVS

Hi all been a not so active of these boards for many years, close to 20!! I used to own a Electrocoin MVS machine about 10 or so years ago but had to sell due to a house move. Always regretted selling it and finally have another. Here are some pics.... Currently have completely cleaned the...