Recent content by ifkz

1. I

WTB: AES World Heroes Jet & World Heroes (1)

Looking for a complete inexpensive copy of the game in good gamer shape, ready to be played. Japan region is a-okay! Shipping to Texas, USA. Please PM. I am just trying to find a new game to play from a fun series...World Heroes 2 was a good buy so it's time for a bit faster version with new...
  2. I

Parts questions: rubber feet, a 5V power adapter and more!

I bought a loose AES unit, and it needs a few minor parts: *I used a 5V power adapter from my other console and it works fine. Any tips to find a proper 5V regulated 3rd party adapter? *I could use a source for rubber feet for the console and arcade controller. This is a USA region unit with...
  3. I

New to the NGPC system: tips? price check? resources?

Last night I was very surprised to find two loose Neo Geo Pocket Color games at my local Half Priced books. I bought Metal Slug 1st Mission and KOF R2. Now I need to track down a system! Does anyone have pricing guidance for 2016? They seem to start at $75 at auction which seems a tad high...
  4. I

WTB: AES system (gamer condition okay!)

This would be a backup system. To keep the cost down, it does not need an AV cable, a controller, the region is unimportant, no box, and no mods. I do need it to work all of the way, have a power adapter, have an average looking shell, good composite video, and full sound. I am in USA, TX for...
  5. I

Price check: gamer AES system?

I am battling the idea of buying a spare AES system in case something should happen to my current system long-term that I can't easily fix. To determine if I can even afford this idea: What does an un-modded AES system with a controller, power supply and AV cord usually go for nowadays?
  6. I

AES games: Different PCB colors?

My loose gamer condition Real Bout Fatal Fury (1) came in the mail and I noticed something: The boards have a different color to them, one is white and the other is green. Everything matches up though, so I doubt this is a boot. Are there any other games, or other copies of this game that can...
  7. I

WTB: AES King of Fighters 94 (gamer condition okay)

While going through my games, I thought 'why not get the game that started the KOF series on cart while it is still affordable?' So, here I am looking for an average condition copy of the game, Japan region is fine. It is going to get played! Shipping to TX, USA.
  8. I

WTB: AES King of the Monsters 2 (gamer condition okay; even loose!)

I am on a tight budget and I am willing to take this as even as little as a loose cart as I will soon have an extra gamer case, or box and game only, any region, and tray cracks are okay. A manual, if included, is a nice plus though! This, like my others, is going to get played. Price-wise I...
  9. I

How did you find your AES system?

I have been curious if anyone here would want to share their story about finding their AES system. As a collector, I think these tales always make for good reading. In late '99 - start of the 2000s I heard one was purchased from a dorm roommate and the new owner proceeded to jump for joy and...
  10. I

World Heroes fans: Jet, worth owning alongside World Heroes 2?

What is the consensus for WH Jet versus WH2? I know the deathmatch option was taken out of WH Jet, and a lot of players miss it. Some of the backgrounds in WH Jet also seem to be a step down from those in WH2 (specifically the game show background); they seem to be not as imaginative IMHO. I...
  11. I

WTB: AES soft case EDIT: FOUND!

I recently purchased a loose copy of Burning Fight because it was a way I could fit the game into my collection and still stay within my budget. Is there a good place to pick up a used AES soft case for it and maybe a scan of the insert (even if it is fan-made or low quality)? EDIT: Found a...
  12. I

Where did the stock of new AES Launch game inventory come from in the late 2000's?

Most of my small AES collection is made up from the new launch games that were available at resellers until just a few years ago. Titles like: Alpha Mission 2, Blue's Journey, Ghost Pilots, Magician Lord, Ninja Combat, Riding Hero, Sengoku, The Super Spy, and the censored NAM-1975. (I am not...
  13. I

WTB: AES sub $100 games (box, cart minimum)

I am looking for any sub-$100 AES games I do not already own (below). Cart and box would be my minimum condition. A few forum members helped me when I had first purchased my AES system; I am hoping someone might want to help out as I go as far as my limited budget will allow. I have 500+...
  14. I

IFKZ's Neo Geo Collections

Neo Geo hardware has always been in short supply and high demand no matter what current systems are on the market. I was finally able to join the Neo Geo collecting community in the middle of the PS2 era with a boxed USA region Neo Geo CD. I bought the system at a used game store locally and I...
  15. I

The Last Blade (1) vs. The Last Blade 2, your favorite?

I am considering violating my under $100 rule for AES games so I can add The Last Blade 2 to my collection. I bought a loose cart of the first Last Blade years ago and I am constantly impressed by the game. It is art and beauty in motion and is one of my favorite titles in my collection of...