Recent content by embergabor

1. E

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Trying out the Pandora's box with a CRT tonight. This Jamma->Scart adapter only outputs video but that should be fine. If the picture is nice I'll probably build another bartop cab with a 14" crt inside it. If not, well, at least I will capture the output using an ossc and compare it to the vga...
  2. E

Replaced the Raspberry in my bartop to a Pandora's Box 4. I know there are newer ones, but I wanted CGA out as well as VGA. I do love to tinker but Retropie was not easily manageable. The newer retroarch's keymap is a mess and older retropie distro's cannot upgrade the packages. Also hiding...
  3. E

Got two 14inch CRTs again. One is a Sanyo, the other is an Imperial (I have never heard of this brand). Both have SCART sockets but the Sanyo can only handle composite video. I plan on modding it to accept RGB, should be a simple wiring job, we'll see. The Imperial can display RGB very nicely...
  4. E

I recently picked up an Avermedia ER130 HDMI recorder. I want to use it for two things, record gameplay and digitize VHS tapes. This recorder is hdmi only so I decided to get an Extron DVS 204 and use my simple component to hdmi adapter with it to be able to adapt composite video. I previously...
  5. E

After my recent PS2 haul I decided to expand my PS1 collection as well. Got a PSOne. Need some cleaning, smells of cigarettes and the Eject button is sticky but it is unmodded, which is nice but I will tear out its insides to modchip it. Now I have all the versions I could ever want or need (PS1...
  6. E

I decided to do more console repairs. Bought two batches of faulty Playstations for around $70. 2x PS1 FAT without optical drive 2x PS2 Slim one with fault laser, one without drive 7x PS2 FAT with faulty laser (supposedly) I just got them today so I still need to check them.
  7. E

I think I'm all set with snes/sfc carts, I'll just use the Everdrive for the rest.
  8. E

Today's arrivals are 6 brand new (new old stock), sealed Bandridge Automatic scart switchers. This box cost $27 including shipping from Germany, which I think is a very good price. No idea about their quality though.
  9. E

The Super Everdrive v2 arrived today. I am yet to test it. My PAL snes now has the 50/60Hz switch mod but sadly the tv doesn't accept the sync in ntsc mode (59.54Hz) so I have to run it in PAL mode. I'll check that first and then probably get an NTSC-J console for 60Hz gaming.
  10. E

Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2 arrived for my SNES. I also got a fully wired RGB Scart cable. It had the wrong wiring, looks like NTSC Snes wiring with caps but it also had a cap between pin 16 and 18 (what's that for?). The result was that I got image for about a second or two and...
  11. E

I guess I'll just sell it for the price I bought the whole bundle for. I really don't care about football/soccer.
  12. E

I'm on a roll here. Got a Pal SNES with some football game. I don't have any other carts yet. Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island are on the way so is a Super Everdrive v2. I got a scart cable for the console but sadly it only has composite video wired, there are no RGB pins. I still need to...
  13. E

Clean Mod Work Thread!

As my first mod work on a PS1 I decided to do a rewiring of a modchip. I don't know why someone would use these long wires. Hope this is considered clean.
  14. E

Bought 4 PS1 fat consoles. They were listed untested so I have no idea what to expect. One has a sticky eject button and one has some chips on the shell, that's all I know so far. SCPH-9002, 2x SCPH-7502 and SPCH-5502. I will test them after work.
  15. E

I decided to get some faulty game consoles for repair purposes. I got a PS1 Fat today and four others are in transit. These probably only need laser diode adjustment or optical block replacement. I just want to get into repairing stuff and the consoles I know are PS1 and PS2 so far. I need two...