Recent content by darknezz19

1. darknezz19

What do the 'scramble banks' do in the NEO-SMA?

Garou has these. Are they used for decryption? @Razoola I'm trying to get the non proto version of this game to run on a 161 in 1. Remapped and shrunk down the srom, replacing the kanji characters so it fits in 128KB. Now trying to get this figured out after realizing the missing SMA would...
  2. darknezz19

So.. this is kinda cool, customizable 161 carts... (bye bye darksoft and NeoSD?)

Just pointing out that only the proto runs on multi carts. Final version isn't supported unfortunately.
  3. darknezz19

So.. this is kinda cool, customizable 161 carts... (bye bye darksoft and NeoSD?)

The 138 in 1 is not the final version of MOTW. It's an old patched version from neoragex it would seem, before emulators supported it's custom mapper used in the final version romset. It does have the freeze patched, as well as the title screen resembling that of the final, but there are no...
  4. darknezz19

True. Maybe someone will make a new daughter board that could have all the pins addressed out to a high density connector. Ordered a 5 pack of each of the programming PCBs. Should be here in about 2 weeks. If anyone needs a set just ask.
  5. darknezz19

WTB Super Grafx Console

I'll trade for an Ultra HDMI modded N64 or can do Paypal. Let me know if you have one.
  6. darknezz19

PAL N64's Showing weird video atrifacts..?

Have now 2 PAL n64's that are both showing the same video problem. Not sure if it's supposed to be there or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ0v5U07od0 Above the stars there is a small band that flasher from side to side. It's kinda hard to see but it's not there on my ntsc consoles...
  7. darknezz19

Switchless Dual Bios Dreamcast - MM3 PSX

Thought I'd see if anyone here is interested in this. Got a VA1 Dreamcast that has dual bios in it. First half is Dreamshell SD loader and the other is JapaneseCake's 1.031 region free bios. Swapping the bios is done by booting with the lid open or closed. Open is DS and closed is RF. Startup...
  8. darknezz19

FS/FT Ultra HDMI modded N64 console

I have an N64 that has beed fitted with an ULTRA HDMI baord. It's a version 6 and have the extra wire for the in game reset as well. http://imgur.com/a/XDX1n... $280 includes shipping. Trades will work too, lets make a deal. This has been modded myself and have done quite a few of these. Case...
  9. darknezz19

WTB: MVS carts that have glitched or don't work

Let me know what you have and what's going on with it. Heck I'll buy boots too if the price is right.
  10. darknezz19

Can A USA model 1 Genesis be modded to play PAL games at 60HZ?

I did a region mod with an on-off-on switch fallowing the theory of doing it to a Europe Megadrive and it does indeed play jap usa and Europe region games but the Europe games are in 50HZ. When I try to swap the JP1-JP2 lines to low instead of high the game wont boot. Is it possible to mod the...
  11. darknezz19

Lets try to hack RGB into an old Toshiba CRT.

Hi people. Have this old Toshiba TV Chassis used in an old MAME cab that has since been restored to original hardware. This TV has a crappy picture and thought it would be a good candidate to try and feed RGB into the OSD IC like Michael Moffitt describes on his website So far I've identified...
  12. darknezz19

Bootleg Gallery (Pic Heavy)

Puzzle Bobble Puzzle de Pon
  13. darknezz19

Singling out faulty rom chips.

Anyone have any ideas for singling out faulty rom chips. Maybe a corrupter on one rom at a time and then loading into mame to see if the results are similar?
  14. darknezz19

Saying hello and all that Jazz.

Hi everyone, it's me, another new guy. Figured I better get this intro up and out of the way. Been lurking around here a bit over the times. Never thought I'd collect video games again since being a kid, let alone for Neo Geo, but the itch hit so here we go. Many years ago I bought a gutted...