Recent content by chromesphere

1. chromesphere

Broken Sprite Graphics Problem

Hey guys, My blues journey cart is playing up. I noticed this a while ago when i first got it but didnt investigate because i figured it was a dirty contact. I have cleaned the contacts well but the problem still remains. Basically this happens randomly in a couple of specific spots. So...
  2. chromesphere

New Neo Geo Owner

Ive reached the end of my patience with the black arcade style controller for various reasons and decided to make a new controller. My sons qbert controller (pictured above) is really nice, small, comfortable. I decided to make one like his for my AES. Mine is slightly smaller. Same process...
  3. chromesphere

Buying New / Sealed Games

I don't usually buy NOS games, I dont like them...I could have paid less and not had a seal that's going to drive me nuts....im going to pick at it like scab...Look at that thing...Needs to come off...
  4. chromesphere

*Solved* Diy Controller with debug bios

Thanks guys, nothing on pin 9 decepticon unfortunately :( J-P - I have 2 official controllers and they have no problems and work properly. I used the below wiring diagram. I've checked the wiring and cables 10 times and I'm definitely sure its not my wiring job. The controller works fine for...
  5. chromesphere

*Solved* Diy Controller with debug bios

hey guys. I have just finished wiring up a controler (re purposing a Mame controller for AES to be specific) and have ran into a bit of a strange problem. In port 1 all buttons work fine. In port 2 all buttons work fine as well except when i hit select + C for the debug bios menu things start...
  6. chromesphere

MVS Cartridge Case Cleaning / Polishing

I've had a few MVS carts that have come in looking pretty shabby. These things seem to scratch up pretty easily so not sure the finish will last. Just wondering if you guys clean your mvs carts and if you do what do you use to clean it? So far i have found 3000 grit sandpaper, some abrasive...
  7. chromesphere

New Neo Geo Owner

My first Neo. A few more games coming. I started with a CD but then caved and went for an AES with MVS adapter. This is what i have so far. The whole collection "the cupboard of awesome" as i have coined it, and the aes/mvs/cd stuff. The 2nd photo is old so missing a few things, but i have...
  8. chromesphere

Neo Mr Do

hi guys, picked up this one the other day. There are some inconsistencies comparing to MVS Scans, label is wrong (replacement?) board chips are different, a couple of extra chips and all eeprom. Wondering what do you guys make of it? Cheers for your help CS
  9. chromesphere

Sengoku Vertical pixel line garbled

Hey guys, Recieved Sengoku AES a couple of days ago and noticed every now and then in the game there is a vertical line of garbled graphics. The pixels are messed up and react to moving graphics on the screen (so for instance if my character moves toward the line the pixels will change color...
  10. chromesphere

Vertical Lines on Neo Geo AES

Hey guys, Picked up an AES, its a very exciting moment. One problem I have encountered though is these vertical lines, sort of make the image look like a tapestry. Some details about my set up: - It happens with every game - Connected to an LCD - Scart connected to a "HD Upscaler" like...
  11. chromesphere

Some Japenese Text in Old Debug Bios

Hi guys, Picked up an AES with an Old Debug Bios. Just wondering if anyone knows why some text in the bios comes up in japanese? See attached photo for an example. The system is japanese if that matters Thanks for any help! CS
  12. chromesphere

WTB: Ninja Combat (AES), Sengoku (AES), Burning Fight (AES)

English preferred but open to any offers, please pm, cheers ;)
  13. chromesphere

A Hello and a few questions :)

Hi guys, I'm new here and wanted to say hi to you all. Looking forward to reading through the posts. I'm in the process of building up an "essential" aes library (and obtaining some divorce papers to go along with it) and this forum is proving to be a valuable resource. One question about...