Recent content by CandyIsDandy

1. CandyIsDandy

Squeaking Black Sanwa OBSF Buttons

Whenever they squeak I feel a bit of resistance along with it. I would like to specify that they don't always squeak with every press, just about half of them, give or take some presses. Now that I think of it, they may have been warped in the heat when they got to Arizona. Not sure when or...
  2. CandyIsDandy

Squeaking Black Sanwa OBSF Buttons

Alright, so I ordered in new Sanwa buttons for Christmas to replace the stock ones in my fightstick but most of them are pretty squeaky (Here's a video for reference on exactly how squeaky they are. I chose those four buttons in particular because they are the primary offenders. The squeak...
  3. CandyIsDandy

Blast City Club

Alright, so taking another look at this cab, it has a different coin entry than I usually see on blast cities, so does anyone know if this is similar to the metal one? I usually see a different plastic kind. Here it is:
  4. CandyIsDandy

How is Fixing Convergence Safe?

Ok, so I've seen convergence fixed in quite a few videos, but I don't understand how it's safe to do while the monitor is still ON. Shouldn't they be getting electrocuted? Edit: A mod can delete this thread if they're seeing it.
  5. CandyIsDandy

Where would you hook a computer up to a monitor? (forgive my n00byness)

Alright, I may or may not be close to buying a Sega Blast City, and I just need to know one thing: how would I go about hooking up my laptop or desktop tower to my cabinet? I've heard somewhere that since it has a 31khz monitor it has a vga input, but where would I find that? Thanks.
  6. CandyIsDandy

Mushihimesama Ultra TLB Poll

Do you think that the TLB's final attack is Cave's hardest pattern, or it's cheapest pattern? I say cheapest.
  7. CandyIsDandy

How do you make the change from 1 player 3 buttons, to 2 player 6 buttons (per player)?

If you can't already tell, I'm newer to this hobby. As I'm looking for my first candy cab, I keep seeing more and more cabinets without the right amount of buttons and players that I want. So, assuming that the one I finally buy has the wrong amount of buttons, how would I go about fixing that...
  8. CandyIsDandy

What shmup should I go for next on Steam?

I'm kinda through with the few that I have now because I've overplayed them, so I'm looking for a good one. I have Mushihimesama, Crimzon Clover, and Ikaruga. Just so you know, I don't play games that look like total crap, kinda like shmup skill test. I'm not sure about DeathSmiles either...
  9. CandyIsDandy

WTB: Sega Blast City (or a Net City/Astro City)

I would prefer to have it bought local in AZ, but I can have it shipped as long as I can stay under $1100 AFTER shipping. If you're not selling one but have a lead on this, please send me a link if you can. Thanks :cool:
  10. CandyIsDandy

Can I-PAC work in a candy cab?

So... I was getting my cart filled up on www.focusattack.com with short stem buttons since they have microswitches on them necessary for I-PAC, (or so I think) but then I found out that short stem buttons only fit american arcade cabinets since they're a tad bit off in sizing. I'm wondering...