Recent content by buaku

1. B

NeoVGA FAQ and Order Thread

I finally finished it! I believe it took me almost a year, but I finally hooked the thing up. I really did not enjoy soldering to all those tiny points, my skillz aren't that great.:P I think the csync line is currently held together by a prayer. So here it is: And here's the lil board I...
  2. B

Naomi cart screw size

Anyone know what size screw is used for Naomi carts? I Recently picked up a Naomi with game, but it's missing the 2 screws that secure the pcb to the shell. Thanks!
  3. B

Lions3.com - Custom 3d printed and laser cut parts

Finally put everything together! Great job Lions!
  4. B

Pre-Order: Acrylic bases and tops for MVS systems

Ohhh shiny! I finally finished putting it together! It looks soo much better than that metal shield. Thanks again lions for all your hard work!!
  5. B

No problem! The overall dimensions are 28x45cm, so it should be 280mm. A digital drawing is much easier to read than my handwriting! PowerPoint baby!! Also here's the measurements for my top plate. Guess it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Oh yeah anything over 150mm was done with...
  6. B

Here's a shot at my mv2 measurements Hopefully someone else gets you a set to double check. I'm not sure what to do for measurements for a top plate.
  7. B

real bout special mvs issue

Now with a picture! Stuff in the upper left corner. There was also something else odd about how the game was playing too, I just don't remember. I thought it had to do with the computer opponent not playing correctly.
  8. B

WG Monitor - What is this stuff?

Anyone know what this circuit is for on my monitor? One pin says +30V and the other says H_SYNC. It's printed WGM2550-U4GR17J on the chassis. Is that white wire supposed to be hooked up to anything? I have an older picture where it looks like the white connector was hooked up to the +30V...
  9. B

Console Controllers to USB or Using Console Controllers as Arcade Sticks

A while back I seem to remember someone created and was selling some sort of pcb that would take basically any kind of console controller and either convert it to a USB connection so it could be used on a PC, or it made it so it could be used for like an arcade machine input. I forget what it...
  10. B

Another question about current

I have another question in my neverending hunt to build a supergun to handle enough current for my 6-slot MVS. Since it's really hard to find connectors rated for such high currents I was wondering if I could take the +5 from the power supply split it across 3 or so pins on a DIN connector then...
  11. B

Monitors and current

Does anyone know off the top of their head about how much current an arcade monitor draws...like some form of 25" WG. It's not sitting in a cab and I'd like to wire up a power switch for it. I hate having things turn on the moment I plug them in :P I'm thinking about using a DPST switch for...
  12. B

Looking for parts(15 pin connector)

So just as I think I'm good to go with my 6 player x-men I'm not. I thought I bought the right 15 pin connectors for the extra 4 players, but I was wrong. I bought some 2.54mm pitch connectors...it really needs 2.5mm connectors which I'm having a hell of a time finding. I've tried mouser and...
  13. B

Me and my 6-player X-men pcb

So yeah...I finally got that bastard board working. I don't have it lined up too well in that picture, plus I took that using MPC and VLC, before I figured out how to make MPC flip the image. If only someone could combine those 2! Each one has it's pluses and minuses. With the help of 2 of...
  14. B

Logic Probes

Since I keep seeing threads where having a logic probe would be useful I figure it wouldn't hurt to get one. What are some key features to look for in a logic probe? I see some that have a max signal frequency of 20MHz or 50MHz and different input impedances of 1M Ohms or 120K Ohms. I'm...
  15. B

Me, My 6-slot, and some motherboard questions with pictures!

I've had this 6-slot for maybe close to a year and I finally got around to cracking the thing open to get a nice look at the bottom board and it just brought up a whole lotta questions! One nice thing I noticed is someone already ripped out the old battery and put it longer wires to a battery...