Recent content by avramce

1. avramce

Interesting New AES-Style Consolized MV-1B on Aliexpress

Agreed, if you use a AES RGB cable, you’ll probably be able to see a difference with the upgraded RGB. In Modzilla’s vid, he does a comparison between the CBOX output and the OMVS, the video is washed out and the audio is not attenuated.
  2. avramce

Interesting New AES-Style Consolized MV-1B on Aliexpress

For the cost, it is a very nice lil package, considering that two undamned or usb2db15 adapters would easily add another $100 on top of other CMVS solutions. Given that the AV circuit is just tacked in on a replaceable QSB, I would if it would be possible to improve the RGB out the same way...
  3. avramce

Post Your Recent Purchases!

At this point, I’ve already accepted that I’ll never be able to clear all the games in my backlog. And yet… I still keep buying shit 😭
  4. avramce

CPS2 Digital AV interface is adding support for MV1C boards

Another notable addition is that I adapted the brackets to work inside an Omega console. I created a mount for a keystone jack and rocker for the two UI buttons on the rear of the case.
  5. avramce

CPS2 Digital AV interface is adding support for MV1C boards

Sorry for the late response, I didn't realize I was browsing NG without being signed in for a while. I can send you a QSB kit with a replacement rear panel for the OMVS for $50+shipping, or can do the install on my end for $125+shipping within the USA.
  6. avramce

A new consolized MVS has dropped, the "Open MVS" AKA "OMVS"

Nothing wrong with options, just check your JNX audio channels, the two people in the TO discord realized that the left and right channels were swapped. Easy test is Alpha Mission 2, the stereo affect pans the shot sound effect left and right based on the ships position.
  7. avramce

A new consolized MVS has dropped, the "Open MVS" AKA "OMVS"

Thanks man, I went with a set of colors to best match the various CPOs for the cabinets:
  8. avramce

MV1C background layer issue?

Hey all, any idea what could possibly be wrong with this board? http://imgur.com/a/iqRTo4a The issue is really weird, as it one only seems to appear briefly after the high score screen loads on my KoF 97 cart. Cart works fine on my other boards, NeoDiag claims there are no hardware issues on...
  9. avramce

MV2-01 ZMC2 repair - no C-Rom sprites?

I got a 2-slot board with heavy corrosion damage around the battery circuit: https://www.mvs-scans.com/images/5/5d/Mv2-01_set1_top.jpg At this point, I probed all the C-lines on the ZMC2 chip, restored all the connections between the C0 and the LSPC-A0, but I'm getting gameplay with sound and...
  10. avramce

Garbled music tracks in gameplay and jukebox?

I have a problematic Twinkle Star Sprites boot that I've been trying to repair, everything in the cart works fine in gameplay, but the background music is constantly crackling and scratching. This is the only cart that I've experienced the problem with the music track, so I pulled both the M1...
  11. avramce

Watchdog when cart slots plugged in?

Hi all, received a pretty clean 4-slot, but noticed that it was watchdogging on boot. I took the board apart, and saw that I get crosshatch when I boot it with the stock BIOS with the daughter board off, and get the service menu if I boot it using UniBios with the daughterboard off. I ran Neo...
  12. avramce

Bust A Move Again cart with corrupt pictures

Hi all, I recently purchased a Bust A Move Again cart, cart has a Holo label and all the ICs on the board match mvs-scans. I booted up the carts and saw that the background layers and title logo have corrupted graphics. The sprites on the other hand look fine: https://imgur.com/a/c3WXG6N I...
  13. avramce

MV1 board won't power on

Hi all, I sent a working MV1 board to a bud internationally, and he didn't test it originally after arrival. He removed the onboard battery, cleaned off dusty components with some IPA, let it dry, but upon attempting to power it in a confirmed working JAMMA cab/harness, the board does nothing...
  14. avramce

POLL: How do you store your MVS carts?

I started using MVS cart protectors and lining the insides with shockbox art. Looks nice on the shelf, and doesnt take up too much space: