Recent content by auberwn

1. A

Metal Slug 2 MVS problem

I'd like to ask for your help. I've got a Metal Slug 2 cartridge which has a problem. Unibios is reporting an illegal instruction on address 002E0000. Is that on the P ROM? I've modded the cartridge with the speed fix but I've put a socket on it and I can switch to the original chip - however I...
  2. A

Faulty NEC D27C1014D-15 ?

I purchased a few NEC D27C1014D-15 to burn the unibios and the diagnostic bios and the first time a few failed to program. Now that I've got an eraser I've concluded that two of them just fail to write after the 000538 address. Has anyone got any experience with this? Can it be something other...
  3. A

MVS to SONY BVM

I'm connecting a neo geo mvs (MV1B) to my Sony BVM monitor straight from the (RGB) jamma connector and it's way too bright - it's causing the overload light to turn on unless I turn the contrast and brightness way down. Any recommended solution? I've tried to put resistors (~200 to 300ohm) in...
  4. A

Problem with MV1B lower board

I'd appreciate any info on how to understand how to repair an MV1B board (specifically with the error below and any material in general). Both upper and lower boards have a problem but I'm focusing on the lower one for now. I have a good MV1B so I use the upper board from that and since I...
  5. A

Help programming Unibios

I would like to ask if I need to make any changes before burning the unibios (3.2) rom onto the EPROM. I have a TL866 programmer and a few 27C1024 chips. Are the default settings ok? The code seems byte swap as it is - is that how I have to leave it or do I need to reverse it? Thank you
  6. A

Suitable replacements for 74HC32A - 74LS273

I'm trying to repair a MV1B board and I'm looking to buy replacements for the 74HC32A - 74LS273 but the ones I've found don't come in the exactly the right sizes. Both originals are Motorola. The original 74HC32A is in a SOEIAJ−14 package. I'm not sure about the 74LS273. Can anyone point me to...