What do you dooo

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I was raised to never share any personal information like this with someone you dont consider a friend, neverless making it public information.
It’s sensible these days, fair enough.

For me, all I’ve given is a sector and approx job title - not really enough for randoms to find me on linkedin on its own. But do whatever you feel comfortable with.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why don’t we have any doctors on the forum? And don’t tell me about that no good docking or Shroom.

I’ll tell you why -

Because 20 years ago when we were fighting over whether Blue Mary or Mai had nicer tits they were all working hard studying for the MCAT.

Shame on all of us!!!

This is true of all the MDs I know. They still have hobbies, but it's very different, and it was never videogames.
The pediatric surgeon watches junk TV when she gets home. That's her release.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I work at SNK as a PLANNER. Check out my credited works on Moby games by the names "Mr. POO" and "Cock-a-doodle-doo"

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Tech/Office folks - how often do you contemplate going full Office Space and switching careers completely?

I'm a Team Lead and Senior Software Dev, and if my current side project isn't successful I think I'm straight up going to a trade school when we're finally dual income and I can afford to do so. Probably an electrician or a carpenter/framer maybe. Something of actual value if society collapses or whatever.

Only on days that end in Y.

In an alternate universe I would have become a botanist or something related to growing plants at a high level. In this one it's just a hobby to disconnect from tech.

My skills are all in tech, so unless I win the lottery or make bank on Crypto, I'm stuck with it. I love tech, I just don't like the BS that comes with the job. Too much politics, tight purse strings, under-appreciation, etc.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I almost became a doctor. I have a degree in physiology and was pre-med in college. My grades were good enough to get me into medical school, but I balked at 4 more years in classrooms and the horrific debt I'd have to take on to do it (had I done so, I probably would have went the military route: they pay for your schooling in exchange for years of service).

And anyone that thinks Blue Mary has better tits than Mai should see a physician. Fio maybe.
Fio has nice tits.

• Love
Reactions: @M

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I was raised to never share any personal information like this with someone you dont consider a friend, neverless making it public information.
Fair call, I might get the urge to show up to your workplace naked holding up placards of your posts on here If you told us where you work.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Fair call, I might get the urge to show up to your workplace naked holding up placards of your posts on here If you told us where you work.

HR would definitely fire him when the social media campaign kicks off

#voltronbadasscalledmeafagitbutactuallyIamnonbinary

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I lead a team of software developers. It's hilarious how much development skill I've lost since I became the leader of the team. Is that how it's supposed to go? 👀
See, for some reason they never tell you that it’s important to get an early start in your career so you can get embedded before your brains turn into Rice a Roni.

On a totally unrelated note, I’m tenured faculty at a two year college, and next year I get to drop “associate” from the job title.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
See, for some reason they never tell you that it’s important to get an early start in your career so you can get embedded before your brains turn into Rice a Roni.

On a totally unrelated note, I’m tenured faculty at a two year college, and next year I get to drop “associate” from the job title.

What I would've done in another life. Took the GREs and was accepted to grad school but didn't go... already had too much debt and didn't wanna be paying off student loans until I was 50+ (assuming I could find a good teaching/research job). Probably for the best but I do sometimes wonder where the road not taken would've led me.

Reactions: SML

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
What I would've done in another life. Took the GREs and was accepted to grad school but didn't go... already had too much debt and didn't wanna be paying off student loans until I was 50+ (assuming I could find a good teaching/research job). Probably for the best but I do sometimes wonder where the road not taken would've led me.
Realistically, a 15% +/- sized house and a car 2 years old or 5 years old.

Don't sweat it.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Warehouse manager for a large automotive company, never gonna be rich but I'm comfortable. Can't afford AES mind.