hit-japan

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I havent bought shit on eBay in about 400 years, but I seem to remember Hit-Japan as someone who was reputable.

Is this the case? Im considering buying something, and the name sorta rung a bell.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I havent bought shit on eBay in about 400 years, but I seem to remember Hit-Japan as someone who was reputable.

Is this the case? Im considering buying something, and the name sorta rung a bell.
I bought from them a few times with no issues. They're a bit pricey, but it's not the worst it can be for ebay

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I bought from them a few times with no issues. They're a bit pricey, but it's not the worst it can be for ebay
Cool thanks for the input. Decided I need a Saturn 4 meg cart as my action replay plus is sometimes iffy with certain games.

The condition is labeled as 'acceptable' so... Lessee what it looks like when I get it. Long as it works..

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He's still a good seller, but he's much more aware of how much gaijin are willing to pay for things these days so his prices are much higher than they used to be. He still has the goods but the deals are gone.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Last time i check hit-japan is still a good seller.When i was really buying for the famicom,hit-japan came through with no problems.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Same for me, good seller all around, you can even spot some bargains among those offers and it's usually shipped custom-friendly.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
A good seller with bad prices.

Did you consider buyin' at Yahoo Auctions?

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Ok seller. Sometimes accepts fair offer. Will always at least counter offer. Condition is an issue sometimes. Especially when he is selling items in bulk. Always ask if the picture is representative. I've never had anything horrible and the one time I needed a refund the shop was prompt.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I view Hit-Japan like Super Potato or whatever in Akihabara, they will have what you're after but you better get the platinum card out.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I used to buy a lot from them. Not so much anymore. Never had a problem with them other than price.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
19054fc1e46b220192407304a919f829.jpg

Yea his prices are lol. Hard pass.

fake

15 Year Member
I dunno, I just scrolled the Sega section and the prices are pretty standard - it's the shipping that's kinda silly. $20 to ship a CD game?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah that's what it was to ship a RAM cart, but eh.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I always find 4 or 5 games so the shipping seems more reasonable that way.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I dunno, I just scrolled the Sega section and the prices are pretty standard - it's the shipping that's kinda silly. $20 to ship a CD game?

Japan Post isn't shipping things overseas due to Covid, that shipping is that high because they are using DHL so that it can actually get to you. Normally that would be a premium option, but it's all they have right now.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yamatoku is a better choice than Hit Japan, but they're closed.

fake

15 Year Member
Japan Post isn't shipping things overseas due to Covid, that shipping is that high because they are using DHL so that it can actually get to you. Normally that would be a premium option, but it's all they have right now.

Ohhhh good info. Thanks.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just use Yahoo Auctions or Suruga-Ya and the FromJapan proxy. They ship through FedEx so I've still been getting packages from Japan even with Japan Post not shipping to the US.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Hit japan is a hard pass now. Only way they’ll give you a decent deal is if you buy a ton at once.

If you send them an offer they don’t like, they’ll ban you.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I used to order from him. But haven't anymore.

after this thread probably won't ever.