Weekly Round up 10-29-17 Hallow's eve edition

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
GBA
Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis - there's a part where I have to do 4 battles consecutively with no saves, so grinding to make it easier.

DS
Okamiden - bear the first boss.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Haven't been playing much this week.

Wii:

Sengoku Basara 3 - Pretty much just doing some alternate routes so that I can unlock all the moves for each character, and after that, I'll be moving on to SB3: Utage.

As for SB3 itself, the game is pretty good. It's worth checking out if you like Musou-style beat-em-up's such as Dynasty Warriors.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Haven't been playing much this week.

Wii:

Sengoku Basara 3 - Pretty much just doing some alternate routes so that I can unlock all the moves for each character, and after that, I'll be moving on to SB3: Utage.

As for SB3 itself, the game is pretty good. It's worth checking out if you like Musou-style beat-em-up's such as Dynasty Warriors.

Man SB3 was a hell of a grind but it so good. Me an my friends spent so many hours going through that game unlocking everything. We played the US version, Also, while the english voices are really good, I remember being annoyed they didnt have JP language option since i was way more use to those voices. I do have the JP SB3 and Utage and been meaning to play through them, but i kind of remember them not being as straight forward as the earlier games. Like getting certain events being pretty tricky.

PS2:
APE ESCAPE 2

GENESIS:
MONSTER WORLD 4

3DS:
LINK BETWEEN WORLDS

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
how you liking it?.

Very fun so far, easy for my son to play yet there are lots of puzzles to find more moons. My favorite world so far is the one set in the desert. Mario in a sombrero and a poncho is my preferred outfit for Mario and Cappy.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Very fun so far, easy for my son to play yet there are lots of puzzles to find more moons. My favorite world so far is the one set in the desert. Mario in a sombrero and a poncho is my preferred outfit for Mario and Cappy.

sounds good, but how would you say it compares to galaxy and 64?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
sounds good, but how would you say it compares to galaxy and 64?

I didn’t get to play Super Mario Galaxy too much, but I do enjoy the gameplay with using Cappy. Being able to reach higher places, and being able to fly like Bullet Bill is slick. I like being able to use Cappy to warp to different areas of worlds, makes for much quicker transportation and replayability.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Switch
- Zelda Breath of the Wild master mode: loving it.
- Super Mario Odyssey: I'm not a fan of the motion controls, I hope they release a patch or something.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Just Odyssey atm, but I'll put some time into Assassin's Creed Origins tomorrow when it shows up from Amazon (got the $140 steelbook version for $70 due to a listing glitch :cool:)

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Atomiswave

MS6
FotNS
Demolish Fist
Extreme Hunting 2

My hdmi OSSC arrived so

SuperGrafx

Ghouls and Ghosts

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nintendo DS

- 101-in-1 Sports MegaMix
- Band of Brothers DS
- Calvin Tucker's Redneck: Farm Animals Racing
- Glory Days 2
- Happy Feet
- Nanostray 2
(Made it to the final eigth stage, but only got a little past the sub-boss before losing all of my continues. Also beat half of the 32 challenge stages and unlocked two of the bonus mini games.)
- Superman Returns: The Videogame
A lot of people gave this game shitty reviews, but, in my opinion, it's the best Superman video game ever made (which I know isn't saying much). I love everything except the upside-down Bizarro stages, with reversed left/right controls---those drive me batshit.
- Vampire Legends: Power of Three

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Playstation:
Silent Hill (Found this a few months ago complete for $30 in the store. Started Thurs night, finished Sunday afternoon. Amazing, super scary game. Totally holds up.)
Parappa The Rapper (Been wanting to replay this for a while. Also playing for "research". Will update you on what that means when I can.)

While I have my Playstation hooked up, I'm hoping to play RE2 (I beat Leon's campaign while in college but never played Claire's) and Croc (rejected Yoshi N64 game revamped into a PS game). I think I will then have finished all the action / platformer PS1 games. But I'll have like a thousand hours of RPGs left to play (FF VIII and IX, Azure Dreams, Grandia, Alundra, Vagrant Story, Brave Fencer Musashi, etc.)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
SH1 is still the best one in the series my opinion; the PS1's relative lack of graphical power (draw distance, low polygon models, etc.) really adds to the atmosphere of that game.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
SH1 is still the best one in the series my opinion; the PS1's relative lack of graphical power (draw distance, low polygon models, etc.) really adds to the atmosphere of that game.

Ha, yeah, it was very creative of the team to utilize the short draw distance to their advantage. I was reading about all the bullshit the 3D expert had to go through to get the game made. Apparently his boss hated him and wanted to fire him, so he told them he would withhold his 3D knowledge unless he was able to do what he wanted and be credited for his work.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Finally 1cc'd DeathSmiles 116 million points last sunday, YEAH TAKE THAT TYRANOSATAN!!!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

So true. I wouldnt agree that its the best game but those graphics and atmosphere make it much harder for me to go back to. I've played through both 2 (scary as fuck) and 3 (scary but not too scary) and Downpour (super underrated) to completion but im honestly still a little afraid to go back to, and finally finish the original lol

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Man SB3 was a hell of a grind but it so good. Me an my friends spent so many hours going through that game unlocking everything. We played the US version, Also, while the english voices are really good, I remember being annoyed they didnt have JP language option since i was way more use to those voices. I do have the JP SB3 and Utage and been meaning to play through them, but i kind of remember them not being as straight forward as the earlier games. Like getting certain events being pretty tricky.

I haven't heard the english dub for the game in a long time. I mainly picked up the JPN version instead of the NA one since it's the only version that allows you to sync save data to Utage.

As for the grinding, yeah, some parts of it were horribly tedious. I remember having to unlock Fuma, then finishing the red path with him in story mode to unlock his blue path, then finishing story mode again in his blue path to unlock Hanzo as a CPU ally, and then finally leveling Hanzo up until he maxes out. All that just so you could consistently find where the fugitives in each stage are at and then kill them to permanently increase your stats. It would've been nice if upgrading stats in this game was similar to SB2 and SB2 Heroes in that you can spend money to upgrade them.

Not only that, but unlocking a few of the characters was pretty tedious as well, such as Mori Motonari, Honda Tadakatsu, and Oichi. Don't even get me started on unlocking Oda Nobunaga.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
First October in years I haven't played a Castlevania, Splatterhouse, or game period. Just not feeling it I guess.